stooges, electric prunes, yardbirds, and psychedelic music

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Postby telemonkey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:25 pm

To get the Pop Staples thing I reccomend the Electro Harmonix Pulsar. Very nice.
For the The best fuzz going (imo) Simply the American made Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi.
Also: Have you listened to the Black Keys? How about the Soledad Brothers? Try it, you'll like it, as they sound exactly like what you described. Blues based, definetly (especially Soledad Bros!) But...garage rock like the Stooges..but modern...good stuff.
telemonkey
Regular

Postby xstonr » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Hello. It's been a while since I posted here and I thought I put in my 2 cents. I think it was '69 or '70 and went to a show with my older friend (I was 15 and he was 18) to Temple University in Phila.and the headliner was the MC5. 2 other bands played that night all for about $5. The MC 5 came on and told the crowd to get rid of the chairs and went into Kick Out The Jams. To this day, they were the loudest band I had ever heard. My ears were ringing for a week.
xstonr
Regular

Postby TheDude » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 pm

wolfeyes wrote:[
holy f'n sh*t! that sounds like the best festival ever! wow!

when you saw ted was he in the amboy dukes?

this is sort of a rig question but i've been thinking about getting a 100 watt marshall plexi head to recapture that old british/detroit sound. is it worth it? i live in ny so i don't want to lug a cab. is there anything smaller that can get that sound?

Wolfeyes, if you got Plexi money, but don't want the full stack... Check out the 18W combo: 1974x. Very, very nice amp! If I had the cash, it'd be on the table right now! :lol:
TheDude
Regular

Postby Bournio » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:55 pm

On with this topic... anyone listened to Kula Shaker? They're quite psychadelic and quite modern really!
Bournio
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar