Anybody interested in a little beginners type project

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Here is my take...

Postby slickcat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:20 am

Here is my take...no video only Mp3.
I think yours sounds Bluesier....
This is my Rogue Resonator tuned to open G (I usually play in D and E)

http://media.putfile.com/SlickCat-1
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jamesfarrell » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:16 pm

Cool man, sounds good with the reverb and I like that little dat-da da-da da-da da-da dat da da dahhhhh, what's that called a turnaround? Sorry noob here. I think Bob does a couple of them on the DVD's which I haven't even scratched the surface of yet.

Awesome stuff man, thanks for contribuitng. Where the hell is everyone else :x Come on people
jamesfarrell
Regular

Postby slickcat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Hi James,
Yeah...they call it a turnaround. This one (in open G) is done by starting with the 4th string 3rd fret and 1st string open. Then head down the fret board ...2nd fret & 1st string ; 1st fret and 1st string 4th string open and 1st string...ending back to your slide barring the 7th fret.
The slide lick in the song is a hammer-on 2nd string 1st fret, 1st string open, then slide 1st and 2nd string up to the 12th fret .
Last edited by slickcat on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slickcat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:53 pm

Here is a short electric clip in open E. My tele with p-90's and 5e3 deluxe amp.
(sound quality aint too good all I have is a crappy computer mic)

http://media.putfile.com/SlickCat2
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

confused

Postby jaysblues » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:14 pm

I'm confused. Are you wanting to add each sound track end to end? Or do you want to add one track to another (mix).

The track you layed down in Open G sounded good. But if someone added a lead track to it (mixed) it could sound real cool. Take that same track (yours in open G) and let someone else take the next 12 bars with their own lead and mix that. Lay those tracks end to end and it becomes one song wtih three artists. Then let someone else lay down some rythm at the same BPM in open G and you can lay down the lead. Heck add some other stuff on top of that. You could even do some call and response with 2 lead guitars on top of one rythm. That would mean 4 beats then 4 beats of silence, 4 beats then 4 beats of silence. Next person does 4 beats of silence then 4 beats of lead etc.

If one person took each of these tracks and mixed them you would have one (probably long) song with numerous people contributing.

If you wanted to do 5 songs then get your volunteers together and say, "You 3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever) work with this rythm track and you other 3 or whatever work on this one etc.

Am I making sense? I am to me but I may be totally confusing everyone.

Do you have the ability to mix? If this is something you want to do maybe I can help. I record on a Boss digital recorder then mix each track together on my computer. I don't see any reason why I can't take each track and import them into the digital recorder then into my computer.

There are some other logistics to overcome but I think it can be done.

Of course if this isn't what you had in mind then,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind.

Jay
jaysblues
Regular

Postby jamesfarrell » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Homey don't mix. I'm only an Oracle DBA, I *(&*(&*(*#)(# hate computers. So my original intent was to see if someone could take that little intro and add to it and see what you could come up with. If I knew how to mix, I would, but I hate electronics. That's why I don't play electric anymore. Acoustic is so cool. Just sit and play.

I don't care if someone wants to go nuts, do it. I just wanted this thread to serve as a place where people could post a little bit of their own tune and have others add to it.

Often times I'll come up with something really cool, like that riff I posted, then I'll get stuck. Well someone else could add to it. There's really no rules here. Go nuts :shock:
jamesfarrell
Regular

Postby jaysblues » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:28 pm

Sorry. I guess I did misunderstand. My apologies. Just ignore me.
Jay
jaysblues
Regular

Postby slickcat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:51 pm

Yeah....we were hoping for something simple. You know, your standard 12 bar blues, a riff or two within that structure. Explain how you do it.
(short and sweet) I thought we could build on our riffs by hearing examples from others.
Seems there aint much interest here...... :roll:
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slickcat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Ok ...one more.

1st riff is: 1st and 2nd strings open... then slide 2nd fret to 3rd... back to 2nd and open again.

2nd riff: 1st string open.. slide down from 5th to 3rd fret..1st string open slide from 3rd to 9th fret.

http://media.putfile.com/SlickCat-3
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Guitar