Jazz pickup for reso

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Jazz pickup for reso

Postby slickcat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:09 pm

Has anyone tried one of these on their resonator? Its 3/8" thick...Im thinking it might just mount nice .
http://www.wdmusic.com/slimbucker_neck_ ... 1_prd1.htm
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltablues57 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:16 am

Hey Slick,
I have one of those pickups on my Regal tricone. I snapped off the metal tabs that hold it to the neck and have it double-face taped to the top of the guitar. It is a little bright and unnatural sounding by itself as are most resonator pickups I have heard. With some E.Q.ing it really sounds pretty decent. The pickup is fairly hot and quite close to the strings so as with all hollow body instruments feedback is a problem, but it can be worked out without too much trouble...Delta
deltablues57
Regular

Postby podunk_phill » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:50 am

I had one on my tricone except I cut the arms off and mounted it down by the bridge and mounted a lace dobro pickup 1/4" thick up by the neck. They sounded great together. As a matter of fact I've sold the reso and got a jumbo jazz guitar and a cutaway biscut bridge dobro now and I'm looking on selling the pickups.
Phill
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Guitar