I added two slide recordings to my page...

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

I added two slide recordings to my page...

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 10:57 am

...on soundclick. Th e songs are "I Heard the Angels Singing" and "Lone Wolf Blues". Be sure to check "Spirit of Blind Willie Johnson" as well and please let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/roigeyari
LoneWolf
Regular

Recordings..

Postby slickcat » Fri May 26, 2006 11:41 am

Hi Wolf,
Great job...I love "blues in D" . You have some nice alternating bass notes going on..I never could get the hang of that...when I concentrate on the melody my bass pickin stops...then I get it going again and I hit sour notes on the melody.
(what? I cant chew gum and walk at the same time?) :lol:
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 11:49 am

Thank you! I got 3 words for you my friend: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Try John Hurt's Louis Collins.
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby warren » Fri May 26, 2006 12:10 pm

real nice lone....my 9 year old son came in the room while i was listening and he really dug it too!

ww
warren
Regular

alternating bass

Postby slickcat » Fri May 26, 2006 12:14 pm

I remember hearing some old recordings of Chet Atkins and saying "Man that guy doesnt need a band, he can cover it all with his fingerpicking"
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah Chet is amazing. Try Marcel Dadi. One of the greatest guitarists in the world, died WAY too soon in a plane crash.
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Thanks, Warren! What song did you like the best? send my love to your son!

Guys I added another song, Willie Johnson's "Trouble will soon be over", worth listening!
LoneWolf
Regular

Cool

Postby slickcat » Fri May 26, 2006 6:00 pm

I liked Lone Wolf Blues...you are a extremely talented young man. I wish you luck in attaining all your musical goals. Its refreshing to hear such good playing. My advice ..play with as many people as you can...play in public. I believe you have what it takes to be one of the best.
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like what I do! I heard your music as well, I loved it, especially House Of The Rising Sun, great performance, wailing blues at it's best, very much like ol' Elmore!

I play in different bands, I had a band called "The Stones In Johnson's Passway", we played rock versions of old blues tunes. I now play in a blues dou with a pianist, like Leroy and Scrapper, or Tampa Red and Thomas Dorsey. And I got all kinds of little projects from time to time, not only blues. But as I wrote at the main page, "my favorite musical moments are when I sit alone with my acoustic guitar and play to myself, spiritual matters...".

Thanks again!
LoneWolf
Regular

Return to Guitar