Link to my music...

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Oh sorry... and thanks again!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Okay, 1.) I like the kazoo. There's a guy from Philadelphia near me named Ian Thomas who does kazoo and harp work too. (http://www.ianthomasmusic.com) It's great.
2.) You don't need to smoke to have a good voice. And your voice isn't half bad at all. A little off key at times, but you're definitely projecting instead of just trying to fade into the background cause you hate your voice. That's great. Shout it from the rooftops! You are FAR from the whitest singer I've ever heard. I'd take that part out of your interview section, cause then you've got people going in there already expecting you to be terrible.
And if you're anything like me, you'll listen to these recordings a year from now and think "god, I was awful back then. I'm so glad I'm great now." And a year from then you'll repeat that same statement.. lol..
Good stuff.
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 pm

boogiechillun85 wrote:You are FAR from the whitest singer I've ever heard. I'd take that part out of your interview section, cause then you've got people going in there already expecting you to be terrible.

You are so right, I removed it. Although it's kind of a nice sentence, "The whitest voice in history of black music"...

Thank you! oh and more music coming soon, so stay tuned. I didn't add the slide tunes yet, and there is a lot of them. They're on my other computer, long story... I'll let you know when I add them.
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 11:21 pm

By the way I wanted to ask: I hold my kazoo with that thing that holds the harmonica, isn't there a danger that it will break it? Because mine is pretty strong, the harmonica wrap I mean (hope that that's how you say it, I'm from Israel)...
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:13 am

It's a harp rack. I've never heard it called a wrap, but I could be wrong.
Ian just slaps the kazoo into his harp rack too. I don't see a problem. And even if there is, it's not like kazoos are expensive.. lol..
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stratman_27 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 am

Nice work there. You got the fingerstyle thing really going on there.
stratman_27
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Fri May 26, 2006 6:47 am

Thanks!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Tue May 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Guys I added some new songs. One of them, Jimmie Rodgers' "Waiting for a Train" is my first try to record with different chanels, I think the result is not bad at all. The recording contains 3 guitar and vocals, all I did by myself, please tell me what you think. thanks!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue May 30, 2006 6:17 pm

Sounds great,Roi! I love the triplet runs that you do (it must be the harper comin' out in me)! I really love that style,period. I could hear a bit of machine noise of some kind at the beginning....do you know what that is...? I've only recorded with a 4-track casette,so I don't know anything about the technical issues you're dealing with.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Tue May 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Thanks Jeff, I recorded it with a software called Audcity, really my first time with it, my brother taught me... there are some noises, yes, but it's ok because it makes the song sound like it was recorded in the 20's or something, and that's the real deal! In the begining you could hear my foot tapping 1,2,3...
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby bobby81 » Wed May 31, 2006 2:18 pm

nice work roi. you're certainly farther down the road than i was at 18, think i knew 3 or 4 chords and tried to play everything with those same chords. btw, i used to smoke and drink quite a bit, it didn't help my voice one lick (my playin' either).
bobby81
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 31, 2006 3:57 pm

Thank you!
But no doubt that it efects the quality of some people's voices, not everybody, of course... I don't believe Joe Cocker's voice would be the same without those things, same goes to Charley Patton.
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:25 am

That other guitar on "waiting for a train" is too loud.
Personally, I like it better when it's just you. No gadgetry needed.
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Which guitar do you mean? there are 3 guitars - background guitar (just chords), slide guitar, and another solo guitar.
LoneWolf
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar