Link to my music...

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Link to my music...

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 1:37 pm

http://www.soundclick.com/roigeyari

Hop you'll like it, it's not finished though... please tell me what you think.
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Wed May 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Hey Roi -

I tried to download a couple and they haven't been ok'd yet. Common thing when you first post them.

I'll keep trying back.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Wed May 24, 2006 3:22 pm

Opened up easy here - sounding good.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 3:53 pm

bluesmcgoo wrote:Hey Roi -

I tried to download a couple and they haven't been ok'd yet. Common thing when you first post them.

I'll keep trying back.

You don't have to download, you can hear it without downloading.
Thank you, allan!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby lightninboy » Wed May 24, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Roi,
I really enjoyed Blues in D. Hot!
Great stuff. Nice playing.
Some hot playing in the other songs too.

However, if I ever come to the states I going to hunt you down and flatten your kazoo (sitting on top of the world) with a hammer! :lol:
Just kidding, I dig all your tunes, keep it up.
lightninboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 4:04 pm

Thank you!!!!!!:) glad you liked it!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 pm

Hey Lightnin' Boy, I heard your recordings too. Awsome!! In Rolling & Tumblin' though, the guitar is too loud and your voice is too quiet. But that's the quality of the recording, not you. You are a true master!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm

They're downloading now. I'm listening as we speak.

Great stuff Roi.

I love Louis Collins. Flows like old MJH himself.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 5:24 pm

Sounds great,Roi! Stick your voice out there a little more...you might as well work those muscles; your voice'll get better with work.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Wow thanks so much guys! Did you read what I wrote about my voice at the begining?

BluesMcgoo, you are amazing!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 7:39 pm

LoneWolf wrote:Wow thanks so much guys! Did you read what I wrote about my voice at the begining?
Yup! That won't get you off the hook around here,lol! You jus' keep workin' at it...it'll come. I recently recontacted a guy I'd played with in my first band 40 years ago,and listened to some clips of him singing off his new CD; I was astounded at how good of a singer he'd become,since he'd done no singing in junior or senior high school. He runs circles around me now, and it's all 'cuz he jus' kept singin' alot,and workin' at it. If you want to,you'll get there. The voice is just an instrument that you have to learn to play,and nobody's got your voice: it's the only one like it.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 7:48 pm

Plus don't forget that I'm only 18, my voice is not strong yet, and I'm not smoking and drinking like so many blues artist (let's face it, their voice wouldn't be the same without it)... I WILL keep working on it, thank you very very much for your comment!
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 7:55 pm

LoneWolf wrote:Plus don't forget that I'm only 18, my voice is not strong yet, and I'm not smoking and drinking like so many blues artist (let's face it, their voice wouldn't be the same without it)... I WILL keep working on it, thank you very very much for your comment!
Well you're certainly on the right track,Roi! You got some good licks,and I'll further encourage you to work hard at diversifying your licks,'cuz the stuff you learn right now when you're hot will stick with you your whole life. If you got plenty of time to play and practice,giver hell, 'cuz when you get older and other demands are made on your time (family,career,community,etc.),you may not have as much time to play. Have you ever got into Rev. Gary Davis,or Woody Guthrie...? You've got a little of that country blues sound goin' for ya',and there's some great old masters that worked in that genre. You might even wanna consider learnin' some harp,for playin' racked, to augment your sound; alotta guys playin' that style of music played both straight harp and cross harp racked (with a harp holder). Best wishes.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 8:03 pm

Jeff, I don't think you heard all of the recordings I put there, and got the wrong impression. Harp? listen to Memphis Town. Listen to Roi's Blues, listen to Catfish Blues, listen to Spirit Of Blind Willie Johnson. maybe I didn't quite got your point, from what I understood you say that everything I play sounds the same. Did I get you right?
LoneWolf
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 8:07 pm

LoneWolf wrote:Jeff, I don't think you heard all of the recordings I put there, and got the wrong impression. Harp? listen to Memphis Town. Listen to Roi's Blues, listen to Catfish Blues, listen to Spirit Of Blind Willie Johnson. maybe I didn't quite got your point, from what I understood you say that everything I play sounds the same. Did I get you right?
Nope. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. I jus' cherry-picked one of the sounds you had goin' there on a few tunes and thought I'd see what other music you've been into. I like yer stuff.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Guitar