SRV unplugged

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

SRV unplugged

Postby caub » Tue May 23, 2006 6:49 pm

On the MTV unplugged with Stevie Ray Vaughan it lists life without you as one of the songs he played but I have never heard it before. Does anyone know where I might be able to download of watch the video? I have search and searched and I can find every song from the set except this one.
caub
Regular

Postby grady » Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 pm

There's a live version of that song on one of his live Cds (Live Alive ??) and it kicks butt !!!
grady
Regular

Postby bendaway » Wed May 24, 2006 5:30 pm

"Life Without You" is the last song on his 1985 Album "Soul To Soul".
bendaway
Regular

Postby cas » Wed May 24, 2006 10:45 pm

It's also on his Greatest Hits I album along with Texas Flood, Little Wing, Cold Shot and others. Great song.

Carol
cas

Postby rustyslide » Wed May 24, 2006 11:15 pm

There's several songs on YouTube.com from that concert, or at least, used to be.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby caub » Sat May 27, 2006 1:57 am

Yeah! It is a great song and I have always wanted to do a solo acoustic arrangement of it. Only found out recently that SRV had indeed did it on acoustic on the MTV set. I have searched all over youtube and all over the net, however and can not find it anywhere. I would love to see that. I read somewhere the other day that it was cut from the broadcast but I know the footage must still exist somewhere. Anyway thanks for trying to help.
caub
Regular

Return to Guitar