I need some guitar advice

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Postby dbugger » Fri May 26, 2006 6:16 pm

Thanks grady that was really helpful...and fun. You've recorded some great stuff.
dbugger
Regular

Postby Mild_Child » Sun May 28, 2006 4:30 am

hey guys, I've been wondering on a slide guitar too, and I hope the Threadstarter doesn't mind if I hijack this thread;)...

I'm thinking of buying an acoustic, why does everybody here get Parlor/Flattop style acoustic? Would a dreadnaught do well? What are specific things should be in a 'slide guitar'?

Do you think a glass slide would do good with electric guitars?
Mild_Child
Regular

Postby thebluescaster » Sun May 28, 2006 7:11 am

Same answer as Grady gave in the string thead.... its in your fingers, not just your equipment....

Parlors are popular now, a few years ago, you couldn't give them away, so to speak. Glass slides worked jes' fine for many an artist, and so did metal ones.

Next year everyone could be sitting around extolling the virtues of tenor banjos and debating whether or not real goat skin heads are needed for the 'true' blues banjo sound...LOL
thebluescaster
Regular

Postby grady » Sun May 28, 2006 8:00 am

dbugger wrote:Thanks grady that was really helpful...and fun. You've recorded some great stuff.

Thank you.
I hope it helped you.
The reason I put those Soundclips up is to give people an opportunity to hear different guitars and pickups,etc.

I know exactly how it feels to buy something and then wish you would've gotten something different.
grady
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar