help please.

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

help please.

Postby lonsterdawg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:43 pm

i was wondering if someone would please lay some tunes on me by warren haynes that feature his slide playing. i'm trying to download some material of his to work on (he's fantastic) and am not sure what to start with. have heard his work on a allman bros dvd and dig on both him and derek trucks. derek trucks tends to be a little jazzy for my ability, however i dig his work as well. any help would be appreciated.
lonsterdawg
Regular

RE: help please.

Postby rf101st » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:15 pm

Ironically, I am listening to his slide instruction CD right now. I am a huge fan of his too. Also check out his stuff with Gov't Mule. The book and CD is called Warren Haynes Guide to Slide Guitar, Cherry Lane Music Company ISBN 1-57560-524-4. It has pages of licks and slide techniques. I just got it in the mail yesterday and am very happy so far. Good luck.
rf101st
Regular

Postby lonsterdawg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:54 pm

>Ironically, I am listening to his slide instruction CD right
>now. I am a huge fan of his too. Also check out his stuff
>with Gov't Mule. The book and CD is called Warren Haynes
>Guide to Slide Guitar, Cherry Lane Music Company ISBN
>1-57560-524-4. It has pages of licks and slide techniques.
>I just got it in the mail yesterday and am very happy so
>far. Good luck.

thanks for the info but do you know which songs he features his slide playing??
lonsterdawg
Regular

Postby rf101st » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:44 pm

I watched an Allman Brothers Band DVD about a month ago (2003 NYC concert) and he and Trucks were just trading off on the slide songs. It did not appear to be any reason to it. I dont think they care since the good ABB slide songs were early Duane Allman stuff anyway. The slide instruction CD is him doing a variety of slide licks and styles. It really sounds great. I also saw an ABB tab book while surfing Amazon the other day. The only way I know to be sure it is Warren's stuff would be to get Govt Mule songs, and ABB stuff off of Hittin the Note, their most recent album.
rf101st
Regular

Return to Guitar