CALLIN BIG D FROM DIAMOND BOTTLENECKS....

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

CALLIN BIG D FROM DIAMOND BOTTLENECKS....

Postby marlboroman » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:18 pm

Hey Big D,

WARNING: Before you read this you must know that I'm SUPER new to Slides SUPER SUPER NEW. I just figure why mess around and get a cheap one? If I really want to learn, why not get a good one and that will probably make it easier to learn. Kinda like why buy a super crappy guitar for a kid whos learning? Cuz there is nothing that will make you want to practice LESS OR just QUIT all together then a P.O.S piece of gear. YA KNOW???

So anyway now on to my question(s)

I had a few questions about getting a custom slide from Diamond Bottlenecks. I want to know if when you make a custom slide do you make them to fit my finger exactly?? or do I send you my ring size and you kinda guess-da-mate from there and try and get it as close as you can?? I was looking at the Ultimate slides the blown glass ones with the Multi-Color Swirl and I like the ones that look like a bullet and your finger doesn't go all the way to the top, you can see where it ends from looking at the side of the slide and it has a closed kinda rounded top.do you know which ones I'm talkling about?? If not I can get a link to the picture. I tried to insert the pic into this thread BUT it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Well Thanks In Advance For Your Help,
Jay Watkins
marlboroman
Regular

RE: CALLIN BIG D FROM DIAMOND BOTTLENECKS....

Postby marlboroman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:32 am

BUMP ME UP SCOTTY.....
marlboroman
Regular

Postby stumblin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:23 am

It's a "Bank Holiday Weekend" here in the UK (except Scotland, probably), so it's entirely possible that our man in the W.Midlands may be occupied entertaining the kids or something.
I'm sure he'll get back to you soon, don't worry.
stumblin
Regular

Postby houndog » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:43 am

Stumbles,
it's a hol here too...we are having some pals round for a Ruby and some sherberts...one who took music to new heights.

He played in a 7 piece band and played a toilet bowl on stage in a miner's club...respect or what...:o....:)

I fell a thread coming on...

adios,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby diamond » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:55 pm

Hey Jay - see the posting on 'What kinda slide' :)

Slide On!

Ian.

http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com
diamond
Regular

Return to Guitar