How About Some Catching Up On Some New Arrivals

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

How About Some Catching Up On Some New Arrivals

Postby Lo-Fi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:03 am

I am the luckiest SOB on the planet when to comes to guitars. I swear the things just lay in wait for me and send out some kind of a beacon that only I can home in on.

Wasn't even thinking about buying a guitar but somehow I managed to pick up two in the last month.

First up - a 1940s Regal 12 String. A hard as heck guitar to find on the best of days. This one was literally sticking out of a trash can. If there was ever a heart skipping a beat moment this was it. The neck on the poor thing was so loose it would have fallen off if you yelled at it so it went straight to the shop for repairs.

Next, I went out to find a used fiddle case. Got the case but also came home with a guitar. This time a late 1930s Schmidt "Westbrook" Stella. Not in bad shape really. A neck reset and some other minor repairs are in its future though. But it is playable so I can have some fun with it in the mean time. And for less than $50 I can't complain.

Here is the Regal fresh out of the garbage can (I could not resist snapping a picture of it with the gunk still clinging to it).

The Westbrook Stella

Last edited by Lo-Fi on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Re: How About Some Catching Up On Somne New Arrivals

Postby texas blues » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 am

Pert' dang cool as hell.

I especially like to be liking that trap tail guitar.
texas blues
Regular

Re: How About Some Catching Up On Some New Arrivals

Postby bow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 am

Damn, I have never ran into a cool find like that...

congrats on 2 old, and very cool guitars. 8)
bow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How About Some Catching Up On Some New Arrivals

Postby michaelm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Lo-Fi, you been finding these treasures for as long as I can remember. I wish you'd either cut it out or send a few my way. 8)

I live out in the boonies and all I ever trip over are dead prairie dogs and live rattlesnakes. 8)
(And I won't mention what makes it to the garbage cans!)

Good finds, I like them both. Enjoy! 8)
michaelm
Regular

Return to Guitar