Slide Guitar

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Slide Guitar

Postby skeetercaster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Guys my band has added a few slide tunes to our list of blues rock tunes,and I'm lovin' every min.of it,the open tunings really add to the three piece sound we have going,by adding more bottom and depth,not to mention it looks cool on stage to change guitars several times,I have three that I'm using ,a Hamer doublecutaway LP copy (modded with Gibson pearly gates/Gibson pots/orangedrop cap)- tuned open G ; a 67'Fender Bronco -tuned open D ;a 60's Vintage Classic Sqire strat (modded with all Fender U.S.hardware,and electronics, custom shop texas specials) and 2 amps I A/B..a Marshall class-5,and a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue,And I throw a couple of stomp boxes in there,A Electroharmonix Holy Grail Reverb, a Ibenez TS-9 Tube Screamer,a Boss SD-1 Overdrive, a Boss DD-5 Digital Delay,MXR-Carbon Copy-Anolog delay,and a Wirlwind A/B box . It all started with me buying a Dobro 2 yrs ago.... LOL
Attachments
005.JPG
skeetercaster
Regular

Re: Slide Guitar

Postby Clifford D » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 pm

That's a nice rig. What is your setup time?
Clifford D
Regular

Re: Slide Guitar

Postby skeetercaster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 pm

I usually show up to the gig an hour- hour and a half early,takes me about 30 min, to set up our pa...thats minus a sound check,30 min to set up my guitar rig and tune 3 guitars...I know I have'nt inculded unloading time which varies from venue to venue,and depending on how much P.A. we have to provide. But to answer you'er question I can be ready to go in 30 min ..it's just one more amp when you get down to it,if we're running late,We just wait till second set to do any slide songs,or songs requiring acoustic guitar,and I tune them during the first break
skeetercaster
Regular

Return to Guitar