a new option for a U.S. built single cone

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

a new option for a U.S. built single cone

Postby zissou intern » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 am

Hello Folks:

I have been thinking about getting a 12 fret single cone for quite a while. I considered Gold Tone, Republic, Hot Rod Steel, and of course National. The latter being the preference for various reasons. I came really close buying one of Lenny's Hot Rods. The new Stressed O 12 fret seems to be a good value and a nice step up from the typical Pac Rim guitar. My research then led me to Matt Eich's Mule Resophonics. Matt's website is http://www.muleresophonic.com He has a handful of videos on his site and on youtube.

Matt and I traded a handful of emails. I like his philosophy and I dig the guitars he is building and the fact they are hand built here in the US. I just pulled the trigger on a Mule. It should be finished sometime in March. The wait begins...

Z.I.
Last edited by zissou intern on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
zissou intern
Regular

Re: a new option for a U.S. built single cone

Postby OldWailer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 am

What's the price range on these? They look good!!
OldWailer
Regular

Postby zissou intern » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am

Hey O.W. - They are a priced between Hot Rods and Nationals. Base price is $1150 including the case. -Z.I.
zissou intern
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am

Very interesting.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby SouthernSounds » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey ZI,

Any chance of having a report of your impressions and some pics of your new guitar when she arrives? :D

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
B.
SouthernSounds
Regular

Postby zissou intern » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 am

Matt is carving the neck for my Mule right now. He also recently built a guitar for Kelly Joe Phelps. Some of the details about KJP's guitar are on the Mule Resophonic website and at http://www.resohangout.com/topic/32289.
zissou intern
Regular

Postby gaucho » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Love to hear your opinion when it comes. The best thing about them so far is that they introduced me to this band:
gaucho
Regular

Postby 29er » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 am

So ZI, did you get your Mule yet? I'd love to hear a report since I am considering ordering one of these guitars. Has anyone else bought one of these? Not much buzz on the Mule's other than this thread.
29er
Regular

Return to Guitar