Insurance Company Pays Up

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Insurance Company Pays Up

Postby kiwiblues » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 pm

I know it's off topic but I just wanted to let you all now that we forced our insurance company to pay up for a rebuild of our home after the devastating earthquakes here is 2010/2011.
It's taken nearly three years of personal battling and stress but the bastards have finally decided to give us what we have been paying for for 40 years rather than go to court.
Originally they were only willing to pay for a patch up even though our land has been red zoned and we can't build on it anyway.
Be warned, they'll screw you if they can, so make sure you thoroughly read any insurance policies you have.
Now I'll be able to go back to the blues and guitar with renewed gusto!
Peace
kiwiblues
Regular

Re: Insurance Company Pays Up

Postby Jakeblues » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Probably a bittersweet victory, but glad to hear you can start to move forward.

I dealt far too much with insurance companies in a previous career in transportation. They stink to deal with. They have a simple business model: Take money, and do everything imaginable to not pay any out.

Glad to hear you can put this behind you.
Jakeblues
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks Bro I appreciate it :D
Jakeblues wrote:Probably a bittersweet victory, but glad to hear you can start to move forward.

I dealt far too much with insurance companies in a previous career in transportation. They stink to deal with. They have a simple business model: Take money, and do everything imaginable to not pay any out.

Glad to hear you can put this behind you.
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby bigdaddyguitar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Good for you man !!! They have no problem taking your money , but when it comes to a payout....... screw 'em !!! A lot of my friends and neighbors are going thru that right now . We got hit by Hurricane Sandy at the end of Oct . Really bad along the coast . I got lucky and had minor damage , but alot of friends lost their houses . And the insurance companies are dragging their feet . Screw the bastards . Glad to hear you finally got paid .
bigdaddyguitar
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 am

Good for you dude!
Insurance is a racket for sure.
I remember when all of their pawns and tools were saying that the US Health Care Reform Act would put an end insurance companies, IT MADE MY MOUTH WATER!
I'm ready to donate my carpentry skills for the building of guillotines to be used during the revolution. :wink:
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 am

Congratulations, Kiwi.The fact that you finally have what was due to you means you can close the door on that terrifying chapter and get on with creative activities instead of burning energy in the fight with the fat cats. :D Peace.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks guys.
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby SouthernSounds » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Congrats, KB: I remember to have read about your situation a while ago. It's good to hear it has finished now and that it worked fine for you.

A hug & All the best,
B.
SouthernSounds
Regular

Postby tinsmith » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 am

Good luck Kiwi....I dislike those insurance buggars immensely....
tinsmith
Regular

Return to Guitar