My Stella Harmony F71 Needs Bridge Saddle

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

My Stella Harmony F71 Needs Bridge Saddle

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey Folks ... Anybody know where to get one? I've 'googled' everywhere I can and everything shows as no go.

Stella Bridge & Pup.JPG

Ooopps ... I should've posted this one in 'Equipment Blues' ... sorry! :oops:
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Re: My Stella Harmony F71 Needs Bridge Saddle

Postby Lo-Fi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:34 am

Looks like a Harmony H940. F71 is the date stamp. Is the saddle that is in there ceramic?

If it is, as ceramic is not the best choice for a saddle (and also darn hard to find). You can easily go to something like a tusq saddle. Hundreds of places like Stewmac sell saddle blanks. If you do not feel confident shaping your own just take the guitar to any repair place. Saddle replacement is about as basic a repair job as there is so it is no big deal.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Lo-Fi wrote:Looks like a Harmony H940. F71 is the date stamp. Is the saddle that is in there ceramic?

If it is, as ceramic is not the best choice for a saddle (and also darn hard to find). You can easily go to something like a tusq saddle. Hundreds of places like Stewmac sell saddle blanks. If you do not feel confident shaping your own just take the guitar to any repair place. Saddle replacement is about as basic a repair job as there is so it is no big deal.

Yeah ... it's a ceramic saddle and it's broken off 1/4" under screw which is covered in the pic by the pup cable. I just thought that since these babies were so heavily mass produced for the 'student' market, someone should have one layin' around.
Bob Colosi will make a bone one .. ain't cheap but it will be perfect!
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Postby Lo-Fi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 pm

You could probably go and buy a Stella and snag the bridge off of it for less than what Bob would charge you for a saddle.

Just a thought but you might try the Harmony Board. There is a link to it at The Harmony Guitar Database.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Lo-Fi wrote:You could probably go and buy a Stella and snag the bridge off of it for less than what Bob would charge you for a saddle.

Just a thought but you might try the Harmony Board. There is a link to it at The Harmony Guitar Database.

Lo-Fi ... you keep coming up with logical good ideas like that one, I'm liable to start callin' ya 'Hi-Fi' :lol: Thanks!
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Just my two cents, but the difference between TUSQ and bone is not worth the money. I'd just get a TUSQ saddle fitted up and be good to go. YMMV.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Guitar