Michael Burks Has Passed Away

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Michael Burks Has Passed Away

Postby jawbone60 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:45 am

not sure how many here had heard of or met Michael but he's been to Europe several times and was on his way home when he collapsed and died.

Michael Burks, a local guy who made good on the world blues scene, has passed away on his return from a Europe trip.
I don't know a lot of details but he was a helluva good guy, the times i met him he was always nice, incredible cook along with a monster guitarist. he grew up south of Little Rock i think. a couple years ago he along with me and Jolene was invited to an end-of-year jam at the local blues radio station. it was all acoustic and i saw a side of Michael i guess i did not expect. he was as down home and nice on acoustic as anyone i ever played with.

Michael is survived by his wife Bobbie and a child as well. i have no doubt there will be a benefit or two soon to help with funeral expenses, which i am sure we'll be a part of if needed.

sorry to pass on sad news. someone has to.

please send good thoughts to his wife, child, and family all.
jawbone60
Regular

Re: Michael Burks Has Passed Away

Postby SouthernSounds » Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 am

Oh man, what a sad news. I "met" Michael quite recently through a live recording and loved the way how he play the Blues...

Sad, really sad indeed.

RIP Michael! & Thanks for everything you gave us!

All the best,
B.
SouthernSounds
Regular

Re: Michael Burks Has Passed Away

Postby bigdaddyguitar » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 am

What a shame . Saw Michael a few years back at Buddy Guys Legends . Great show !!! He will be missed . Rest in peace Michael.
bigdaddyguitar
Regular

Return to Guitar