Mudbeatz..

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Mudbeatz..

Postby bottleneckjohn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share something I recorded earlier this year, it's a project called MUDBEATZ where we combined some modern beats and sounds with some ol'timey blues.. It wasn't released on CD, only as a digital release, (trying to be modern), I would have preferred a normal CD but..

Anyhow, check it out sometime, it turned out pretty nice. Can be found on Amazon.com, iTunes, Spotify and what not!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... =dm_sp_alb

Lots and lots of slide guitar, acoustic and electric as well as some guitar stuff played by my long time buddy Stefan Edfeldt.
All in all, a fun project!!!

BJ :mrgreen:
bottleneckjohn
Regular

Re: Mudbeatz..

Postby jeffl » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Sum fine impudent heresy in spots there BJ, :) . But, you did a fine job of anchoring the stuff with the traditional flavor. I think it's well thought out and bright & catchy. (btw, I get lots of flack for taking some old tunes to the downbeats, but it's a product of my blues/rock background). ... all well played as usual too. Good shootin'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mudbeatz..

Postby bottleneckjohn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh well, it's just a fun mix of old and new.. :mrgreen:
A buddy of mine got the idea and produced and mixed, I just went along trying to find my way through the beats, lol..!!

It actually found some new blues listeners in people who never liked blues before, so that was kinda fun!!
And maybe it could broaden the horizon for a few die-hard blues fans as well, I don't know.. :wha:
bottleneckjohn
Regular

Return to Guitar