Resonators and Vintage Parlors for sale

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Resonators and Vintage Parlors for sale

Postby gaucho » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm selling some guitars to finance the potential purchase of a vinatge National. These are all great guitars, set up for playing bottleneck blues. They can be comfortably fretted as well.
From L to R- 1950's Crucianelli, Republic Tricone, Republic Resolian, Dobro (USA, not the import!), 1950's Stella. Email for details as there's way too much info and I suck at typing! cphoto@gate.net
I'm in Central Florida and I'd rather not ship. I know a lot of folks come down this way in the winter and to visit theme parks. If they don't sell locally, I might consider shipping.

gaucho
Regular

Re: Resonators and Vintage Parlors for sale

Postby devonniedukes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 am

That is so cool specially the gray one on the side, I haven’t seen such design…I wonder what year they released such guitar. :P
devonniedukes
Regular

Postby gaucho » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Sorry, I'm not following you. Gray one on the side?
gaucho
Regular

Postby Liquids » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

The floating bridge on that Crucianelli looks strung for a righty but angled for a lefty. Or is it set straight, and the angle is just the photo?
Liquids
Regular

Postby gaucho » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:20 am

I think it's pretty straight. The action is high and I use it for lap playing, so it doesn't make that much difference to me personally. It's a bolt on neck so it could be shimmed, but it's fun to play lapstyle!
gaucho
Regular

Postby Liquids » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 am

Nice! For slide, at or near straight is the ideal. I'm working on turning an acoustic into a lap guitar myself, nice! If we were a little closer in distance and a little further back in time, I just might have been taking her off your hands. Curious what the body size, top details (wood, bracing), history etc is on that particular guitar just the same, for fun if nothing else. :)
Liquids
Regular

Postby Griz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:19 am

Hey Chris, fancy seeing you here. I can't believe most or all of those aren't gone. But then again it's a buyers market. I was talking to a guy that bought an Oahu 65-M two years ago and paid $600 and can't get an offer at $300. :cry: Well good luck my friend.

Mike
Griz
Regular

Return to Guitar