Sirus satellite radio - any good blues

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Sirus satellite radio - any good blues

Postby Freeman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I have a new car with sat radio and have been considering subscribing to Sirus, but their program listings do not include anything that looks like a good blues channel. Does anyone have Sirus and what are your thoughts about either acoustic/electric blues and/or acoustic music in general?
Freeman
Regular

Re: Sirus satellite radio - any good blues

Postby s1120 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Ya, they have a blues channel. 74 bluesville
s1120
Regular

Postby s1120 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Sorry...I forgot they changed a few months back... its channel 70. Lots of good stuff. Mine stays tuned into it on my daily driver!
s1120
Regular

Postby Freeman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm

s1120 wrote:Sorry...I forgot they changed a few months back... its channel 70. Lots of good stuff. Mine stays tuned into it on my daily driver!

OK, thanks. They call channel 70 "B.B. King's Blues" - I assumed it was 24/7 of B.B. (they have a 24/7 Greatful Dead and another for Elvis). If it is blues in general I would like that a lot.
Freeman
Regular

Postby s1120 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Freeman wrote:
s1120 wrote:Sorry...I forgot they changed a few months back... its channel 70. Lots of good stuff. Mine stays tuned into it on my daily driver!

OK, thanks. They call channel 70 "B.B. King's Blues" - I assumed it was 24/7 of B.B. (they have a 24/7 Greatful Dead and another for Elvis). If it is blues in general I would like that a lot.

Its BBKings Bluesville. ANd its pretty good. A good mix of all styles of blues
s1120
Regular

Postby gaucho » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm

I've had it in my car for years. It's just OK in my opinion and it's been going downhill. There is a good show on there called "the Front Porch" that is excellent and informative. I wish the whole station was more like that program. It's really the only thing I'd miss if the station went away tomorrow. Some of the stuff they've been playing lately borders on pop IMHO.

This is a FAR superior station in my opinion:

http://player.radio.com/player/AOLPlaye ... tation=735

You can only listen online, but it's awesome!
gaucho
Regular

Postby Lo-Fi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:14 am

About the best thing on satellite radio was the Chess Record Hour on XM which disappeared a while back. Shemekia Copeland's show has gone bye bye as has the Sirius Blues Station. Without the Chess Hour B.B.'s Bluesville is pretty standard stuff.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:02 pm

You know, if you have an iPhone or an Android phone, you can hook it up via auxiliary to your car and play Pandora. It's free and you can make a station exactly how you like it. It's cheaper than Sirius and more in tune with what you want. But only if you have a smartphone.

I'm not sure if Pandora is available on Blackberries.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 pm

The only Pandora I can find for my Iphone is a jewelry catelogue!!
:( :roll: :evil: :?:
leftyguitarman wrote:You know, if you have an iPhone or an Android phone, you can hook it up via auxiliary to your car and play Pandora. It's free and you can make a station exactly how you like it. It's cheaper than Sirius and more in tune with what you want. But only if you have a smartphone.

I'm not sure if Pandora is available on Blackberries.
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm

kiwiblues wrote:The only Pandora I can find for my Iphone is a jewelry catelogue!!

Ahh yes, Pandora is limited to the US only. Sorry.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Guitar