Online blues guitar course

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Online blues guitar course

Postby Thewb » Fri May 13, 2011 3:44 am

I was wondering if anyone had any info on the following courses.
1. Blues unleashed by Griff Hamlin
2. Blues domination by Marty Shwartz at guitarjamz.com

I am thinking of purchasing one of these and would like some opinions if anyone has any.
Thanks in advance.
Big Willie
Thewb
Regular

Re: Online blues guitar course

Postby JeffR » Sun May 29, 2011 1:50 am

I have the Blues Guitar Unleashed and like it. I have played for awhile so the first 5-10 lessons are easier but cool, but after that they can get pretty difficult. A good combination of lessons I think. There is also a website for his course kind of like this one.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl

You might want to go there and ask. I have seen some things of Marty's and they seem good but Griff seems to be a bit better instructor. He also graduated from USC's music school so he really knows theory too.

JeffR
JeffR
Regular

Postby Tatah » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:59 pm

I use Blues You Can Use by john Ganapes, it is book and CD, you can get it on Amazon.

See ya!
Tatah
Regular

Postby Jusatele » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 am

I have Griffs BGU course and think it is one of the best structured courses I have ever seen. The first 5 lessons are basic rhythm and the next 7 or 8 get you up to speed quickly laying down the basis for most rhythm styles you will need. the basic styles are all covered and you can see how you will adapt the knowledge to similar songs. After that he gets into basic lead technique and the box system of knowing the neck in the major and minor Pentatonic scales. He has basic technique also. I think it is 39lessons and if you do not cheat yourself it should take a year to complete. After that he has a few more courses one of which is a course on harder techniques and tricks used to solo.
He supports his course with a forum that he and his moderators check everyday and answer questions about specific lessons plus have an area you can upload a recording of a lesson to be critiqued.
The guy is a music teacher and has students during the week so he knows how to give a lesson and has anticipated most questions in advance. A good course and professionally packaged, not some hand written on DVDs and memo paper, but a set of professionally made DVDS, supported with Audio CDs for practice and professionally printed bound lessons with pictures and tab under notation.
Jusatele
Regular

Return to Guitar