Mexican Telecaster Guitar Review

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Mexican Telecaster Guitar Review

Postby reverbunit » Wed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I know everyone knows how awesome these are. This is for anyone that doesnt.

reverbunit
Regular

Re: Mexican Telecaster Guitar Review

Postby goldbrick » Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Don't know much about guitars ( I am mostly a drummer ) but Tele's are my guitar of choice

I have 3 Japanese, 2 American, a Korean and and 2 Mexican-Also have Charvel version Hondo version and an Esquire

Couple of things to mention--neck pickup is not a lipstick--its similar to a low output Strat pickup with a removeable cover-some guys take cover off to strengthen it a bit.

the bridge on yours is a modern bridge with individual saddles--you can go to brass barrel type saddles for a warmer sound but I doubt you would get more sustain==replace that bridge with a heavy Callaham bridge if you want more sustain

Neck is a more modern neck profile--52 type neck is the fat one.

Humbucker in the bridge is called a fat tele not a Texas-and it is an abomination unto the guitar gods

Humbucker in the neck is an Albert Collins type

You can get all the dirt you want with amp choice--Led Zep 1 and 2 are recorded with a tele. Jeff Beck used an Esquire in the Yardbirds too and Billy Gibbons plays one quite a bit too

My personal favorite Tele's are my Jap models--although Mex's are great too.

A worthwhile mode is a 4 way switch that gives you Tele version of in between strat positions

Sorry --I am just a tele geek I guess
goldbrick
Regular

Re: Mexican Telecaster Guitar Review

Postby reverbunit » Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

goldbrick wrote:
Sorry --I am just a tele geek I guess

i have found that A LOT of people are nutes for Teles... I am friends with the guy in Old Gray Mule and he is so into tele's as well.

cool cat. great tone and great ability

reverbunit
Regular

Return to Guitar