What Jolene Found at GC Used!

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

What Jolene Found at GC Used!

Postby jbone1 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm

we have a blackout telecaster on the way here which Jo found online at GC's used pages, called the shop about, and bought yesterday.
rosewood neck, MIM, 3 pickup, 5 way selector switch. got a deal too as it is used.
anyone play one of these?
jbone1
Regular

Re: What Jolene Found at GC Used!

Postby jbone1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 am

the reality was much different than advertised. dude sent us a blackTOP, not a blackOUT. difference is, the blacktop has only 2 pickups and a 3 way switch instead of 3 pickups and a 5 way switch. we got a refund.

last weekend Jo bid on and won a MIM tele with some mods done to it. hum reduction and i think nicer vol and tone pots. we should get it in a day or 2 and then we'll see if it's all it was cracked up to be.

Jo liked her first tele a lot but economics at the time forced her to sell it. i was against the idea but the reality was we had extra bills to pay for a while and we'd have been financially injured if she had kept that guitar. it was a MIM and played and sounded really fine to my ear.

stayed tuned for further adventures!
jbone1
Regular

Postby TC6969 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 am

I have a VERY nice Tele for sale over at TDPRI if youre interested.
TC6969
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 am

she got the blue one today. looks good, sounds good!
jbone1
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:53 pm

we hit the local jam thursday night and Jo and i got up with the house band. 2 other guitars, keys, drums, bass, and a harp rig set up as well. while the tele didn't dominate the sound it played a crucial- and tasty- role in the 3 songs we did. this is a MIM tele but has a better bridge pickup than stock, and it rang out very nicely indeed.
plus it's a very deep blue color, which is my personal favorite! what could be better?!
jbone1
Regular

Return to Guitar