anyone use RockyMountainslides ?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

anyone use RockyMountainslides ?

Postby darylcrisp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

http://rockymountainslides.com/

thoughts, opinions if you use or have used them.

thanks
d
darylcrisp
Regular

Re: anyone use RockyMountainslides ?

Postby rustyslide » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:38 am

Quite a lot of hyperbole on that site.

As it happens, judging by the pictures, I do have one. An internet friend sent it to me as a thank you for my Adobe Illustrator skills coming to the aid of his kid's soccer team.

It's very thin, but sounds exactly six point three million times better than a similarly sized pyrex slide (as measured by TEPCO*). Here's a video of me noodling with it:

*too soon?
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:28 am

I've used quite a few of them. A buddy of mine has about 12 of them or so. Personally, I'd rather get a ceramic slide from Jay at Paloma slides. His stuff is top notch.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Johnny Slim JR » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Theres a little red headed woman up here in Canada named Sue Foley that use
one,she sure makes it sound good,

Kenny,
Johnny Slim JR
Regular

Postby jayseibert » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:45 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:I've used quite a few of them. A buddy of mine has about 12 of them or so. Personally, I'd rather get a ceramic slide from Jay at Paloma slides. His stuff is top notch.

Thanks for the kind words, Lefty! There are lots of fine choices out there for the slide player... and they give the player a chance to find his /her preferred tone and feel at a comfortable price point. There is something for everyone.

If I may, I would like to mention that I have a new size I am offering in bottlenecks... a 58 mm. As a response to many requests to make it, it is a "middle size" that sits between my 47mm and 69 mm stock sizes. The "58" is now a stock item for Paloma but I haven't had the time to get it posted on my website. They are available to order at $24 including shipping to the USA and Canada.

I should mention that I met Eric Ebner, of Tribotone fame, at the Texas Steel Guitar Association Jamboree in Dallas, TX in early March. He's a pretty amazing guy and makes a very high-tech product with some very high tech machinery! Unlike Paloma, where I have an old style pottery studio, with a wheel and a kiln. Like I said, there is something for everyone.
jayseibert
Regular

Return to Guitar