Rogue Spider vs Rouge Triolian

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Rogue Spider vs Rouge Triolian

Postby s1120 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:45 am

OK, so I have been messting around with slide and realy want to get a resonator. Money's tight, so Im looking at the Rogue's. I am a blues guy, and I have heard the spider is more for that country twang... Problem is, I have none local, and would need to go mail order. OK... so I have searched but I realy cant find what Im looking for. Anyone know if there is a video, or soundclip that compairs the two?? From what I have heard, I am leaning towards the Triolian, but with diferent songs, and diferent places filmed..

So any help?
s1120
Regular

Re: Rogue Spider vs Rouge Triolian

Postby spoonfull94 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Louisiana Red- Rogue Triolian:

Johnny Grave- Rogue Triolian:

Ricochet and his beloved Rogue Spider:

spoonfull94
Regular

Postby zhyla » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Are there any non-Rogue resonators around? I think comparing any biscuit and spider resos will tell you what you want to know.

I've got a Rogue (brass-bodied) biscuit and a Recording King spider. Totally different sounds. I prefer the spider if I had to have just one. The sustain of the spider is a huge advantage, it's just more versatile for slide.
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby s1120 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am

zhyla wrote:Are there any non-Rogue resonators around? I think comparing any biscuit and spider resos will tell you what you want to know.

I've got a Rogue (brass-bodied) biscuit and a Recording King spider. Totally different sounds. I prefer the spider if I had to have just one. The sustain of the spider is a huge advantage, it's just more versatile for slide.

Nope, not that I have found yet, but Im still looking. :D I did play a spider a wile back, but never a triolian.

spoonfull... thanks for the links!!
s1120
Regular

Postby spoonfull94 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

s1120 wrote:
zhyla wrote:Are there any non-Rogue resonators around? I think comparing any biscuit and spider resos will tell you what you want to know.

Nope, not that I have found yet, but Im still looking. :D I did play a spider a wile back, but never a triolian.

spoonfull... thanks for the links!!

You're welcome! :D
spoonfull94
Regular

Return to Guitar