Where is Ricochet

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Where is Ricochet

Postby s1120 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 am

rustyslide wrote:Summer is busy! Just got back from a trip and spent the last 20 minutes clearing out the backlog of BRB registrations.

Cool. And I was one of them!! Happy to be able to post after reading all these posts for the last few weeks
s1120
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 am

As Rico would say: Welcome! :D
ricbleu
Regular

Postby spoonfull94 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:36 pm

tinsmith wrote:BRB= Burping/random/burping?

xD
Last edited by spoonfull94 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
spoonfull94
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 pm

tinsmith wrote:
rustyslide wrote:Summer is busy! Just got back from a trip and spent the last 20 minutes clearing out the backlog of BRB registrations.

BRB= Burping/random/burping?

Well, it's true, that is one possibility. Bastard Running Backs, Bugs Ruin Brothels, etc, are all likely candidates as well. Also in the running is a certain song written by Tommy Johnson:
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby tinsmith » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:37 pm

spoonfull94 wrote:
tinsmith wrote:BRB= Burping/random/burping?

What was that for? :twisted:

What....no sense of humor???

Edited by Tin
Last edited by tinsmith on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinsmith
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

tinsmith wrote:What....no sense of humor???

Bit of a Hard shitter?

He's new. Play nice.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby tinsmith » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am

Ok......I'll pull the naughty part.
tinsmith
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 am

Great avatar you've chosen there, tinsmith. It's a classic, isn't it? Because the pic was B&W, I always thought that LP black, but it was sunburst, I think. I believe that that album captured EC at his best playing blues on record. It is savage, exhilarating playing - he seems to tear the notes out of the guitar, always on the brink yet always in control.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 am

Man O man Ric, you seem so determined to keep this thread going until old baldy returns.
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 am

Ha ha, no such motive, Kiwi, just thought it a good time to comment on Tins's avatar. And what's with the "old baldy" comment? I think Rico's younger than you & I are (48ers, both of us, right?) and remember the classic line from Yardbirds B side "Better Man than I" ? Can you judge a man, by the way he wears his hair?. That song includes one of my all time fave rock solos. Jeff Beck. So if Rico chooses to wear less rather than more in the tonsorial department, who are we to judge? Crumbs he'd better get back soon though, or I really will run out of thread lubrication. :lol: :lol:
ricbleu
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Thought if I called him old baldy he might get angry enough to start posting again.
After all, he does call himself 'Old slide picker' on Youtube. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby tinsmith » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35 am

ricbleu wrote:Great avatar you've chosen there, tinsmith. It's a classic, isn't it? Because the pic was B&W, I always thought that LP black, but it was sunburst, I think. I believe that that album captured EC at his best playing blues on record. It is savage, exhilarating playing - he seems to tear the notes out of the guitar, always on the brink yet always in control.

I think it was on the back of the original "Beano" cover.
Someday if I remember, I'll verify that. I have it in my closet......I think.

Considering when it was, he was a real firecracker.
Too bad we weren't listening close enough to Freddie King & others. He brought attention to those players.
tinsmith
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 am

Yup, that's where it was - the Beano album. :D
ricbleu
Regular

Postby s1120 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am

tinsmith wrote:
ricbleu wrote:Great avatar you've chosen there, tinsmith. It's a classic, isn't it? Because the pic was B&W, I always thought that LP black, but it was sunburst, I think. I believe that that album captured EC at his best playing blues on record. It is savage, exhilarating playing - he seems to tear the notes out of the guitar, always on the brink yet always in control.

I think it was on the back of the original "Beano" cover.
Someday if I remember, I'll verify that. I have it in my closet......I think.

Considering when it was, he was a real firecracker.
Too bad we weren't listening close enough to Freddie King & others. He brought attention to those players.

I just picked up my first freddy King CD the other day. WOW!!!!! Too bad he died so young.
s1120
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 am

I'm here. Haven't been doing much online except yakking on YouTube and studying commentaries for the Bible class on Revelation I took over from the preacher. Taught one of those classes (on Chapter 17) last night, today I supervised residents and students in the office all day, taught a noon lecture on mosquito and tick borne diseases, and did an interview on the local TV about preventing heat injuries. Tomorrow I'm taking my homemade vagina to the office and spending the day teaching GYN procedures to residents. The "Johnsonette" is a piece of PVC pipe plugged into a 45° adapter I mounted on a walnut base. The pipe has three holes drilled in the base to stick toothpicks through to hold the end of a hot dog to make a simulated "cervix" for them to use to practice manipulating and focusing the colposcope, then take the biopsy forceps and take a snip. Doesn't look much like a vagina, but it serves my purpose fine. What sort of bumped me off the board in the first place was a lot of BS paperwork I have to fill out annually to report what I've been doing and what I plan to do in the coming year for evaluation purposes. Keeps me from doing much that's productive for a while.
ricochet
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar