The National vs. The Too Many Guitars Syndrome

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: The National vs. The Too Many Guitars Syndrome

Postby Neal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 pm

kiwiblues wrote:
Then at the weekend my 34 year old daughter was down from Auckland and saw it sitting in the corner of the lounge and declared it a family air loom which will be passed on through the generations, so that's an end to any ideas of selling!! :roll: :lol:

Kiwi, my daughter declared a John Morton concert resonator uke a family heirloom, but it's down the road somewhere.... they get what they get dammit! :lol: The only heirloom would be the custom "Patricia" uke. Named after my mom.
Neal
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 am

Yes I agree. I was trying to suppress that thought a being a little mean!
My wife Jenny refuses to let me sell my Bushman Jenny uke so we've got more in common than you'd think. :roll: :lol: :?
Neal wrote:
kiwiblues wrote:
Then at the weekend my 34 year old daughter was down from Auckland and saw it sitting in the corner of the lounge and declared it a family air loom which will be passed on through the generations, so that's an end to any ideas of selling!! :roll: :lol:

Kiwi, my daughter declared a John Morton concert resonator uke a family heirloom, but it's down the road somewhere.... they get what they get dammit! :lol: The only heirloom would be the custom "Patricia" uke. Named after my mom.
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby visigoth » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 am

These "iconic blues guitars" -- are they still for sale? Are we talking about L-00s, or the like?
visigoth
Regular

Postby Lo-Fi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:26 am

visigoth wrote:These "iconic blues guitars" -- are they still for sale? Are we talking about L-00s, or the like?

No Gibsons in this bunch but a couple of Kay Krafts and a Kalamazoo. Sorry sold 'em all in one deal.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:35 am

Wow! Brave man, and well done - keeps them in circulation too. Someone else's treasures now. :D Peace.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby Neal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 pm

kiwiblues wrote:Yeh, I got my National Style O a few years ago during a GAS outbreak.
Now and again I decide I might get rid of it but it's one of my possessions which says to me "No I'm a one off, I sound so good you'll regret selling me for sure"
Then at the weekend my 34 year old daughter was down from Auckland and saw it sitting in the corner of the lounge and declared it a family heirloom which will be passed on through the generations, so that's an end to any ideas of selling!! :roll: :lol:
Neal wrote:Lo-Fi, it happens. Roll with it. In a few years this'll be just an exciting memory, and you won't remember life without that National.

Or you'll sell it and get another one. :lol:

My daughter (29) declared the John Morton resonator uke a family heirloom too.

.... way too bad for her! Gone, gone gone. Although, she also declared my '37 Martin 00 an heirloom, and I have no reason to doubt her on that.
Neal
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 am

That uke is amazing looking! :shock:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Neal » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

Damn, I just realized that this post is so old, I repeated myself! What a dotty ol' dude...
Neal
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar