What the heck.. Pics of the profile of the Flatbucker

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

What the heck.. Pics of the profile of the Flatbucker

Postby Neal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I put these in another topic, but here they are again. For your amusement, edification. The Flatbucker pickup, magnetic, very hot, so I do not need a preamp other than to have volume at my fingertips..

This is on a National Estralita, at the end of the fretboard, as you can see. This is the profile. Pretty do-able. National is re-issuing the Lace, in a thinner form, and less expensive than the Flatbucker. Had this been available, I would have gone for that, but this pickup is seriously hot, if the National/Lace is as slim, and as hot, the Flatbucker has a serious challenge.

Neal
Regular

Re: What the heck.. Pics of the profile of the Flatbucker

Postby ricbleu » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:55 am

Just opened this thread, Neal, so I'm a bit slow off the mark. That looks very cool. Does it have more or less the same tonal characteristics as a regular h/bucker ie fat and beefy? And do you run it straight to your jack? Rick
ricbleu
Regular

Postby birddog » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 am

I like the thin flat look, could do without the wood grain though. Is it a "stick on type mount ?
You said no preamp so that means no battery but it does have its own volume control ?
Any feedback issues ?

thanks

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby Neal » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi guys, no preamp, no volume. Fat beefy sound. I had the jack installed, am playing thru a Soloamp. It's nice, pretty noiseless too. BUT I would have probably got the new Slim Lace, National is re-issuing it, it's much less expensive.

Yeah, double sided tape. No feedback issues.
Neal
Regular

Return to Guitar