The 2nd Amendment

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Re: The 2nd Amendment

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:20 pm

I lived in Phoenix for three years when I was a kid. I liked the place and I really don't know why I ain't moved down there. Good news about lots of bars in Phoenix, I know how to play them. The wife went down there last winter and called me and told me to quit my job and come on down. She doesn't like the cold either. Thanks for the info, I mean that.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Yo Bigdaddy where are you livin' for $440 a month Havana ? You cant even live under a bridge for that in Miami-- Maybe I need to move there and pack 2 guns

heinlein said " an armed society is a polite society "

John Browning and Leo Fender were both great Americans imho - Love my 45 and my Strat
goldbrick
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 pm

goldbrick wrote:John Browning and Leo Fender were both great Americans imho
Right on!
ricochet
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 pm

I live in Utah. Funny that you said what you did. Many retired people from California sell their 2000 square foot homes in California for 1.2 million and move to Utah and have a 5000 square foot home built for 3 hundred thousand and pocket the rest. My house was completely remodled before I bought it. I used to bus to work and I walked past this house and watched them remodle it and then I watched it sit for a year, vacant. I paid 63k for it. When I first moved in 5 years ago my payment was 429.00 but tax increases have boosted that up to $440.00 today. Geez I was renting a two bedroom apartment for $475.00. My house is a three bedroom with one bath but as I said it's in an undesirable area. I grew in these neighborhoods so it ain't hard on me. The wife didn't like it when I first met her and she moved out within a year. Now she's back because she knows I ain't leavin' unless it's leavin' for Arizona. I figured I'd retire from my job in about ten years and move south but the economy may get me there quicker.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 pm

grady wrote:Image
I love the shirt man.

Its very true.
Last edited by rustyslide on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop quoting gigantic posts for no purpose!
Derekslide
Regular

Postby bluejay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:55 am

Look what Santa is bringing me. I even know where he's got it stashed until Xmas!

I must have been a really good boy this year. 8)
bluejay
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 am

Very nice!
ricochet
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 am

That's a nice looking gun. When I turn 21 I want to get one of these.

I want a left handed pistol though. Not even sure if anyone makes them. Not much of a difference, but the magazine release button is on the opposite side which might be handier.

walther_p99_as.jpg
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Lefty, I shoot left handed and I can tell you from both experience as well as having a background as a firearms instructor that most semi auto mag releases can be easily manipulated using the left index finger. Actually, with some pistol types, such as the 1911 types that is faster as many right hander's have to shift their grip on the pistol to access the mag release. Feel free to pm me if you have further questions.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Lots of autoloading pistols are now made with ambidextrous safeties.
ricochet
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Very true Rico. I've got all my "1911" types set up with ambi safeties that I've modified to my personal tastes. On two Government models I've got short, flat aluminum triggers that I fabricated and then match up with existing trigger bows.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby bluejay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:21 pm

The XD and some others have ambi mag releases, too. Just remember where the spent casings fly! :wink:

BTW, if you think the musicians around here are gear sluts, you should check out gun forums. :blink: I've joined up over at XD Talk and it is both very active as far as posting and G.A.S.
bluejay
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:00 pm

bluejay wrote:Look what Santa is bringing me. I even know where he's got it stashed until Xmas!

I must have been a really good boy this year. 8)
Hey Jeff, that little beauty could come in handy if any brigands attempt to board your vessel out on the big lake. With a deep recession looming, piracy is sure to rebound on the great lakes,lol!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Bubba, are you saying I don't get to be the pirate? :(

Bluejay and The Brigands could be a cool band name.
bluejay
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 pm

I had a 12 gauge pump shotgun stolen outa my house years ago when my daughter decided to have a party while her mom and I were outa town. These 15 yr. old punks took the gun outa my bedroom closet and used it in a drive-by shooting about a week later. They had sawed the barrel off to within a hair of legal length and sawed the stock off down to the butt bolt. It took me about 3 years to get it back from the cops' evidence room (the kids all got off free) and by then it had evidence and case #s scrawled on it in black magic marker. I looked around for stocks and barrels at gun shows for a while before I decided that the gun made a pretty good home defense weapon just the way it had been modified. It looks nasty. The cops couldn't get any of the kids to rat out whoever actually took the gun or pulled the trigger, and since the so-called Brady law called for 15 yr. olds to be prosecuted as adults in cases where a gun was used in a crime, the threat of a mandatory 5 yr. sentence effectively zipped their lips and resulted in no prosecution. The kid who got shot lost an eye and the people who owned the property it happened on got sued by the kid's family, and the homeowners were not home when it happened. Wonderful story.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Way off Topic