Lets see some of your photography

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Re: Lets see some of your photography

Postby Hollerin' Money Lee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 am

One of our cats "Vinnie" checking out my then new guitar build...

First one the Flamecaster

The second guitar build the Beatnik Mojocaster

And the latest build, my Les Paul

All three together, and no, I'm not short, I'm 5'10" Dillon and Nick are 6'5" and 6'6"

Me with my camera at work; The largest crane in the world. (that's 1.3 MILLON pounds of counterweight there in the back).
Hollerin' Money Lee
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:44 am

Very pretty guitars! I really dig the curly maple and French polished looking finish on the first one.

The huge crane's cool, too!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 am

Hollerin' Money Lee, I like the crane shot the best Lee, and good work man.
Derekslide
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:45 am

When me live hin Jamaica dem cyall a buzzard a John Crow

This time of year our main bird in Miami is the Snow Bird
goldbrick
Regular

Postby LesFromChicago » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 pm

A mushrrom I found in a wilderness area in the eastern upper peninsula of Michiagn.
Attachments
lesmushroom.JPG
LesFromChicago
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Looks like one of the Boletus spp. with pores instead of gills under the cap.
ricochet
Regular

Postby LesFromChicago » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:25 pm

ricochet wrote:Looks like one of the Boletus spp. with pores instead of gills under the cap.

My impression was that those "pores" were made by rodents taking a bite here and there. I know almost nothing about mushrooms. One day in 1981 I was footing it and hitch hiking cross country thru Wisconsin to Minnesota. I was weary of eating wild greens with no way to soak or cook them so they tasted too bitter. I was extremely sad about not having anything different to eat. Then the next morning when I woke up there were dozens of musshrooms all around me that had not been there the day before. I took a pinch of one and touched it to the side of my tongue to test was it poisonous. After a minute or so there was no ill effect so I ate a tiny little bit of one. Then after some time I was yet alive and well, so I ate a whole bunch of them. It was a wonderful refreshment behind all those bitter wild greens. So ever since then I have a sentimental feeling about mushrooms, they remind me that God looks after his little ones.
LesFromChicago
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:09 pm

LesFromChicago wrote:Then after some time I was yet alive and well, so I ate a whole bunch of them. It was a wonderful refreshment behind all those bitter wild greens. So ever since then I have a sentimental feeling about mushrooms, they remind me that God looks after his little ones.

I figured you were going to say you were tripping out. :lol: :lol:

I've never really been comfortable eating mushrooms from the wild. My dad always picks the morel (sp?) mushrooms and cooks them, but I don't really like eating them. Wild mushrooms just kind of weird me out. I always think I'm going to get sick.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby LesFromChicago » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:16 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:
LesFromChicago wrote:Then after some time I was yet alive and well, so I ate a whole bunch of them. It was a wonderful refreshment behind all those bitter wild greens. So ever since then I have a sentimental feeling about mushrooms, they remind me that God looks after his little ones.

I've never really been comfortable eating mushrooms from the wild. My dad always picks the morel (sp?) mushrooms and cooks them, but I don't really like eating them. Wild mushrooms just kind of weird me out. I always think I'm going to get sick.

That was a one-time deal for me. Generally speaking, I would not eat a mushroom that did not come from the grocery market unless there were a field guide with detailed description and photos AND an experienced subject matter expert on hand. Even then I might likely pass up the opportunity. I do a lot of solo hiking and camping by be self alone, so I am very conservative about safety issues. (No jumping, no ice walking, no mushrooms)
LesFromChicago
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:19 pm

LesFromChicago wrote:
leftyguitarman wrote:

That was a one-time deal for me. Generally speaking, I would not eat a mushroom that did not come from the grocery market unless there were a field guide with detailed description and photos AND an experienced subject matter expert on hand. Even then I might likely pass up the opportunity. I do a lot of solo hiking and camping by be self alone, so I am very conservative about safety issues. (No jumping, no ice walking, no mushrooms)
wow really?

even murrals?
Derekslide
Regular

Postby LesFromChicago » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:27 pm

Well, maybe the morels, If I read up un them and learned to identify them, and if there were no poisonous look-alikes.
LesFromChicago
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:08 pm

I don't think the morels have any look alikes, at least not in Washington. I'm with you though Les; no eating of mushrooms out in the wild. I can identify morels and that's about it. I have a buddy who can't identify any mushrooms except for the psychedelic ones. :lol:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:26 am

Testing a little bit of a mushroom as related above is very risky. If you do get hold of one of the deadly ones, like Amanita spp. you won't notice any ill effects right away. As your liver dies off you'll get very sick a day or two later, and if a donor liver that matches can't get transplanted into you right away, you'll die miserably, with a lovely yellow-orange complexion, a few days later.

As for Boletus, the pores are the spongy texture of the underside of the cap. No gills that look like fish gills. There aren't any of these porous-bottomed mushrooms that'll kill you to my knowledge, but some taste nasty and some can make you puke. There's nothing else that resembles a morel, with its somewhat pinecone-shaped cap with the honeycombed surface. That's the only kind of mushroom I'd pick and eat with confidence.
ricochet
Regular

Postby beard-of-grey » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:23 am

Man, don't tell me you let that Leprechaun get away :?: :!: :blink:
beard-of-grey
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:44 am

beard-of-grey wrote:Image

Man, don't tell me you let that Leprechaun get away :?: :!: :blink:
Haha good picture.