Touring with Buddy Guy

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Touring with Buddy Guy

Postby jeffl » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Shannon Curfman ( a female singer/songwriter/guitarist from North Dakota) was on a Minneapolis radio station this morning talking about touring with Kid Rock & Buddy Guy:
She said that touring with Buddy was like touring with your grandpa.... a DRUNK grandpa. :) Apparently he's drunk all the time.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Touring with Buddy Guy

Postby Slacker G » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 pm

That's sad but funny :) :)
Slacker G
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 am

Livin' the image.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:53 am

At least Buddy Guy is a legend drunk or not. WTF does Kid Rock do?
goldbrick
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Last time I saw Buddy, I was out front when he rolled up, and he had been down the street at a bar pounding em down, according to someone I met who had just been there. Then during the show, he walked through the crowd towards the bar at the back and was pounding whiskey with some ladies. It wouldn't surprise me if he was drunk. His concerts are so poor these days that I could see the alcohol being responsible for that.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:55 pm

goldbrick wrote:At least Buddy Guy is a legend drunk or not. WTF does Kid Rock do?

I'm not a Kid Rock fan (I actually liked him more as a "rapper" than a country rock artist), but I wouldn't be surprised if he's made ten times as much money as Buddy Guy has.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Slacker G » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm

"I'm not a Kid Rock fan (I actually liked him more as a "rapper" than a country rock artist), but I wouldn't be surprised if he's made ten times as much money as Buddy Guy has."

I thought it was obvious to everyone by now that money has nothing to do with musicianship? So why make that point of contention? :)
Slacker G
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:14 pm

The blues are a poor choice if you are in it for the money ( unless your name is Clapton )

And money and music don;t have much to do with feeling and talent
goldbrick
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Slacker G wrote:"I'm not a Kid Rock fan (I actually liked him more as a "rapper" than a country rock artist), but I wouldn't be surprised if he's made ten times as much money as Buddy Guy has."

I thought it was obvious to everyone by now that money has nothing to do with musicianship? So why make that point of contention? :)

There was no context of musicianship in my statement. It was a simple response to a simple question about what Kid Rock has done. And, apparently Buddy Guy was OK touring with him, so Buddy Guy either wanted to play with him, or thought it was a good way to make money. I'd take Buddy Guy over Kid Rock any day, but the thread isn't about comparing abilities between those two.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Way off Topic