This is getting real old....

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

This is getting real old....

Postby jeffl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:55 pm

My whole house has been torn up for a couple months now-- we had ice dam damage last winter and we took the opportunity to not only fix the damage but install a new window and re-texture all the main floor ceilings. My living room is my practice room since the piano & keyboard amp were in there, and it's unusable. The basement's packed full of stuff, too. I got nowhere to go.

I haven't practiced or worked on tunes for a coupla months and my playing sucks. Tuesday night when I played harp at our weekly jam it felt like my tongue was twice its normal size.

My master bedroom is packed full of furniture from the front of the house, amps,keyboards,office furniture, books, TV trays, etc.

I don't feel like doing anything. Probably two more weeks of this stuff, and then I gotta start paintin' walls.
Oh,well.... for now, my jam IS my practice time. I'll just have to suck for a while.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: This is getting real old....

Postby JLHooker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10 pm

It looks like you got a good excuse to play the blues!

Hooker
JLHooker
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 am

Sounds like time to move South, Ice damage ??? WTF-Sounds like something from a Garrison Keillor story-Good Luck , Buddy
goldbrick
Regular

Postby tinsmith » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Just do it......fix it & get back to normal
tinsmith
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 pm

tinsmith wrote:Just do it......fix it & get back to normal

Yeah, it'll be fixed soon, but when we get to the spackling & painting part I'll be working for my wife; I hate that. She be's mean to me. :D
She's actually excited about getting new ceiling texture, windows, flooring, paint, etc., but since she's an interior designer by trade she frets over every detail. She finds a way to be somewhat unhappy about a fairly good situation.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tinsmith » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Good Luck Jeffl
tinsmith
Regular

Return to Way off Topic