Calling Australia!

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Re: Calling Australia!

Postby maxx england » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 am

I thought somebody was trying to tell me the whole Australian cricket team had been hurt in various ways. It turns out they were all India'd.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby greykiwi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:27 am

Gee, no one has mentioned under arm bowling yet!
So I will.
Mind you, our team is pretty much non-existent now.
The local boy scouts could play better.
This post has nothing to do with the Blues, and our US cousins are probably scratching their heads with some of the comments.
Sorry guys, it's an Oz/NZ thing.
greykiwi
Regular

Postby MakaInOz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks for the 'bump' on this topic greykiwi!

For those 'non-North Americans' on the list that appreciate real test cricket, the Australia South Africa test that finished yesterday was a ripper. Only those that 'get' test cricket can appreciate a 'nail-biter' that goes to the wire and finishes in a draw - after 5 days!

The sad part is that the 3 test series (for the #1 world ranking - sorry Poms) will now be decided in Perth, between the wreckage of the South Africans and the wreckage of the Australians. The number of injuries on both sides has been unbelievable and with only three days off after a gruelling five dayer in Adelaide (temperatures well over 30C every day), it will be more of a test of depth, fitness and endurance than cricket skill! They might go back to underarm bowling - 'cause they'll be too tired to lift their arm up!

Cheers
Maka
MakaInOz
Regular

Previous

Return to Way off Topic