Do we really want these people running our health care?

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

The reason they're underfunded songdog is because it seems that Americans vote for people who tend to send us to wars and waste all of our money there. Your argument of "let's add one more thing to the list to fail" is hardly an argument at all.
User avatar
leftyguitarman
Regular
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:48 am
Location: Washington State

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby grady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:02 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:The reason they're underfunded songdog is because it seems that Americans vote for people who tend to send us to wars and waste all of our money there. .


Compared to the American people that voted O'Bama into the White House ??
A guy who does the same thing but, it's excusable because he's black.

How is our current Administration any different ???
Let's see you explain that.

We're still in Iraq and the troop presence in Afghanistan is increasing.
The deficit is higher than ever, the Unemployment rate is higher than ever and there's absolutely no proof that the Stimulus package has changed a damn thing.

But, it's ok because he's black.He's young, he's hip and he has the ability to smile at us while he sticks a dick in the American people's ass.
I guess we're suppose to like it.

Sorry, I don't swing that way.
User avatar
grady
Regular
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Duh, in front of the Computer

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby songdog » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:The reason they're underfunded songdog is because it seems that Americans vote for people who tend to send us to wars and waste all of our money there. Your argument of "let's add one more thing to the list to fail" is hardly an argument at all.


No Lefty, that isn't my argument. And please read my posts - never once have I mentioned socialism.

Our government run programs have a very long history of being poorly run money-sucking black holes. Why? Because politicians can't see beyond their next election. They don't care what programs will look like 20 years from now.... they'll mostly be dead then, but YOU WON'T. You Lefty, and my children, will be paying for another huge bureaucratic mess. We can't afford to keep paying for big messes - one of the reasons we have an out of control budget deficit now. Our government is on the verge of bankruptcy and they just want to keep spending.

Hey, I would love to have free health care - I would love to have affordable health care, but creating another government run program is not the answer. It's a quick short-term 'feel-good' fix that 10 years from now will be another out of control money sucking black hole.

We need an independent commission (unattached from special interests) to roll up their sleeves and get to the root of the problem. Why can't we solve the real problem instead of ramming some new ill-thought out (special interest laden) bureaucracy down our throats?

Not too much to ask is it? Or do you not care - and really just want the government to give you more free shit!
User avatar
songdog
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:01 pm

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby BluezOldy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 pm

songdog wrote:
Bournio wrote:
leftyguitarman wrote:Why does everyone bitch about all this socialism? Do you not realize how much shit in this country is already socialized? Police, public school, fire department, EMTs, libraries, the FBI, CIA, the Postal Service, the EPA, national parks, roads and highways, veterans affairs, social security, the list goes on for a long ass time.


Let's examine your examples:

Police - underfunded

Public Schools - urban schools have a 50% dropout rate

Fire, EMTs, Libraries - all underfunded

The Postal Service - $7 billion in the hole

EPA - underfunded, doesn't do anything

Parks - underfunded

Roads and Highways - underfunded and dangerous

Veterans Affairs - a disgrace to our country

Social Security - Scheduled to run out of money in 2016.... probably sooner if our economy stays in the tank. Need to file an honest to god real disability claim - get a lawyer and expect to spend years in court.

Yep, the list goes on and on of our government run failures. WTF might as well add one more to the list :D


Imagine what all that money wasted in Iraq would have done!!
User avatar
BluezOldy
Regular
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 am
Location: Blue Mountains NSW Australia

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 pm

grady wrote:Compared to the American people that voted O'Bama into the White House ??
A guy who does the same thing but, it's excusable because he's black.

How is our current Administration any different ???
Let's see you explain that.

We're still in Iraq and the troop presence in Afghanistan is increasing.
The deficit is higher than ever, the Unemployment rate is higher than ever and there's absolutely no proof that the Stimulus package has changed a damn thing.

But, it's ok because he's black.He's young, he's hip and he has the ability to smile at us while he sticks a dick in the American people's ass.
I guess we're suppose to like it.

Sorry, I don't swing that way.


I'm still giving Obama the chance he deserves. I won't for one second say that he hasn't put us farther into debt because he has. That's a fact. I won't deny it. What I will say is that the a huge majority of the debt we're in came from the last administration and that can't be argued no matter what side you support. I couldn't give two shits whether Obama is young, old, hip, not hip, Black, White; it doesn't matter to me. I'm aware we're still in Iraq but we can't just pull out and say "hey fuck you." And yeah the troop presence is increasing in Afghanistan and it probably should be since that's where our problems originated from. I support a pull out of Iraq but not at this moment. And if Obama is putting a dick in America's ass as you like to say, then what kind of dick did the Bush Administration put in ours by throwing us nine trillion in debt, getting rid of personal liberties, expanding government in ways that Republicans have historically have been against, wasting our money to secure oil rights that will eventually dry out, and creating government agencies when he supposedly stands for smaller government? That's a pretty large dick if you ask me.

You're right that there is no proof that the stimulus package has changed anything. But wasn't it said that it could take up to a couple years for the effect to be felt? So just because Obama's plan didn't work the next day automatically qualifies him as a complete fuck up? Come on. He's still in the first quarter of his term and now he's being criticized because his answer didn't work by next sunrise. At least he's tried to make a difference. And at least his spending has the ability to make America better. I would rather see the money go towards healthcare to benefit Americans than for that same money go to a foreign nation where it's not accomplishing anything. What did the GOP provide as an answer to our problems? Keeping us in Iraq, cutting taxes while not cutting government? So lets cut our income but keep spending the same amount? Yeah, that works. That would be like me getting 50 credit cards and maxing all of them on guitars, amps and effects while not even making the minimum payment on the cards and then once I have more room on them buying more shit. It would never work.

And that reminds me, I need to make my credit card payment. :lol:
User avatar
leftyguitarman
Regular
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:48 am
Location: Washington State

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:28 pm

songdog wrote:Our government is on the verge of bankruptcy and they just want to keep spending.


Wow, you don't say?

Well as I said in my other post, the Republicans would have NOT cut government but they would've cut taxes and spent the same amount of money on Iraq if not increased the spending there. Spending money when we didn't have it worked wonders in the 40's. And if Obama's policies turn out to be the same then what are you going to do? Are you still going to be mad that he did what he did even though it helped?
User avatar
leftyguitarman
Regular
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:48 am
Location: Washington State

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby texas blues » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 pm

This guy has had government run everything in his country for a very long time. He seems happy with it.

Image

Salute', TB.
User avatar
texas blues
Regular
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 am
Location: Wrong side of the tracks

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby grady » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 am

leftyguitarman wrote:I'm still giving Obama the chance he deserves.


That's what you'll be saying 3 years from now when there's still no improvement and we're still at war.

I call Bullshit.
7 months after signing the Stimulus bill there should be some sign of improvement.

I see a lot of "if, when, & the ability to" in your post. I see no hard facts or proof that anything has changed.
Because, it hasn't and it most likely won't.

Sure, Bush tried secure some more Fossil fuels because, that's what a smart person would do.
I know my Car will run on Gasoline.
Whether or not it'll run on O'Bama-Care has yet to be tested and proven.

That's what all the O'Bama supporters are living on right now, "what if, when, hope and maybes".
That shit doesn't pay the bills.
But, it makes you feel good about yourselves so, it works for you.
Doesn't work for the rest of us
User avatar
grady
Regular
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Duh, in front of the Computer

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby Bournio » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:02 am

7 months after signing the Stimulus bill there should be some sign of improvement.


And 61 years after the universal declaration of human rights, they shouldnt be abused.
User avatar
Bournio
Regular
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:04 am
Location: In a house on a road, when I'm not in a field

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby texas blues » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 am

Bournio wrote:
7 months after signing the Stimulus bill there should be some sign of improvement.


And 61 years after the universal declaration of human rights, they shouldnt be abused.


If hooking a car battery up to a terrorists ass gets information that averts the death of innocents, I have only this to say.....red is positive and black is negative.

Salute', TB.
User avatar
texas blues
Regular
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 am
Location: Wrong side of the tracks

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby grady » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:31 am

texas blues wrote:
Bournio wrote:
7 months after signing the Stimulus bill there should be some sign of improvement.


And 61 years after the universal declaration of human rights, they shouldnt be abused.


If hooking a car battery up to a terrorists ass gets information that averts the death of innocents, I have only this to say.....red is positive and black is negative.

Salute', TB.


Damn right.

Let me ask you this,

Why are you afraid to go into certain neighborhoods ???

Is it because the people there are all "nice & loving" and they just want to give you a big hug and tell you how much they love you ???
No, it's not.

Like it or not, Fear works on Terrorists.
diplomacy does not.
Our Government knew how to win a war in 1945.
User avatar
grady
Regular
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Duh, in front of the Computer

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby thunda1216 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:10 am

leftyguitarman wrote:
songdog wrote:Our government is on the verge of bankruptcy and they just want to keep spending.


Wow, you don't say?

Well as I said in my other post, the Republicans would have NOT cut government but they would've cut taxes and spent the same amount of money on Iraq if not increased the spending there.


How much is the obamassiah prepared to spend in Afghanastan? Where is the news coverage? Why are there no pictures of the bloody casualties? Why is no one protesting the surge as the did in Iraq? Where are all the "No War" bumper stickers? Same reason no one cared about Clinton blowing up all the bridges on the Danube with American planes and pilots adorned with NATO markings...Why is Obamawan on constant vacation instead of doing a little Presidenting? He is still campaigning fer chrissakes! Somebody should tell him that he won. It's like the dog chasing cars. He finally catches one and has no idea what to do with it.
User avatar
thunda1216
Regular
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:27 am
Location: Columbia, TN

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby grady » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:31 am

Because O'Bama has got the Media in his back pocket.
He has since day 1. They'll never say anything bad about the guy.
Anyone notice that the Government announced that they will not be investigating ACORN ??

How about that 47% approval rating that our Leader currently has ???

No, O'Bama is just like the Kennedys. He can commit murder and get away with it.
If he doesn't accomplish a damn thing, the media will crown him the greatest President ever.
Chicago politics baby. Woo-Hoo !!

and yes, 7 months is plenty of time to see some kind of improvement.
Hell, a Woman can have a child in 9 months.

But our new President is a "minority" so, we have to allow him extra time to do something.
He's working on a "minority curve"......LOL !!
User avatar
grady
Regular
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Duh, in front of the Computer

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby beard-of-grey » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:12 am

If hooking a car battery up to a terrorists ass gets information that averts the death of innocents, I have only this to say.....red is positive and black is negative.
unfortunately torture usually results in White Noise, saying what ever the terrorist with the battery cable wants. This was learnt centuries ago during The Inquisitions. One poor innocent naming anyone they could think of, and then it perpetuates.

In Afghanistan the Drug War Lords were paid to turn over Taliban, it was easier to capture Taxi drivers and money was paid. In Iraq of course the G.I. torturers were
looking for non existent weapons and Al Qida links.

Bush was allowed eight years to grow the dung-heap, INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC and as he famously said "IT TAKES TIME TO RESTORE CHAOS."

And now back to the HEALTH CARE debate
User avatar
beard-of-grey
Regular
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:07 am
Location: Sydney Nth Beaches Australia

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby ricochet » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 pm

I think I'll sit out the rest of this one. Gets my blood pressure up.
User avatar
ricochet
Regular
 
Posts: 10256
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Way off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron