Page 1 of 2

BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:12 pm
by rustyslide
Our web host moved the cluster that BRB.com's server is in across Los Angeles Friday night. I think everything is now mostly up, but if it's intermittent, it's related to the move.

I've known about the move for two weeks, but forgot to mention it. Oops. :wha:

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:20 am
by ricochet
I'd noticed the board being intermittently unavailable today. Thanks for the explanation. Glad it's up again!

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:01 am
by grady
rustyslide wrote:I've known about the move for two weeks, but forgot to mention it. Oops. :wha:


Don't worry about it man.
Like the rest of us, you've got a Life to live.
Sometimes things will slip your mind.
It ain't no biggie.
We appreciate everything you do.

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:03 am
by zhyla
Rusty, it wouldn't be up much at all if it weren't for you :). Thanks man.

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:14 pm
by blueswrench
Everything seems working fine now. Thanks for the info and update. Glad it wasn't anything serious. :)

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:48 am
by maxx england
grady wrote:
rustyslide wrote:I've known about the move for two weeks, but forgot to mention it. Oops. :wha:


Don't worry about it man.
Like the rest of us, you've got a Life to live.
Sometimes things will slip your mind.
It ain't no biggie.
We appreciate everything you do.


Ditto

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:33 pm
by david
I usually don't find intermittence to be a problem as long as it only intermittently intermenttent. I'm somewhat intermittent myself, so when my intermittence is in synch with that of the rest of the world, I don't even notice.

Think of it as vibrato writ large.

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 pm
by ricochet
Something I've always found amusing is the traditional description of the pulse in a patient with atrial fibrillation: "Irregularly irregular."

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 pm
by maxx england
Is that how you tell if the doctor is sober, ask him to say it?

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:20 pm
by ricochet
"It."

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:33 pm
by maxx england
Now put your finger in your ear and say "red" backwards....

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:45 pm
by ricochet
"Red" uh, which ear? Can you hear me if I'm facing backwards?

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:52 pm
by rustyslide
Spell "world" backwards, then draw a clock face showing 11:20, and finally count backwards from 100 in threes.



david wrote:Think of it as vibrato writ large.

Wonderful post, David.

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm
by ricochet
What about Chet?

Re: BRB Downtime Issues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 pm
by maxx england
david wrote:I usually don't find intermittence to be a problem as long as it only intermittently intermenttent. I'm somewhat intermittent myself, so when my intermittence is in synch with that of the rest of the world, I don't even notice.

Think of it as vibrato writ large.


I have never previously written about large vibrators.