The CD covers (final version)

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

The CD covers (final version)

Postby stumblin » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:51 pm

Okay chaps,
Stumblin' enterprises, in association with Rustycorp, are proud to bring to you the finalised covers etc. for the BRB CD.
Rusty has written a comprehensive guide with links to each element of the cover.
You can access all this here: http://www.bluesometwosome.co.uk/brbcd/brbcd.html
stumblin
Regular

RE: The CD covers (final version)

Postby bluesmcgoo » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:01 pm

That really came out nice.

Great job, Rusty!
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:29 am

Thanks! I have yet to try it myself

Anyone who prints the notes on A4 paper and it doesn't come out quite right, let me know immediately, as it might not be anything you're doing wrong.

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby ricochet » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:46 am

Yo, Rusty! Are those the same ones you sent me a few nights ago? I printed them out and they look fine, though I haven't yet tried fitting them to a jewel case and likely won't for a few days.
ricochet
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:32 am

yup! they are the same.

ramble ramble ramble

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby bluesmcgoo » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:38 am

Hey Rusty...

I just noticed a problem with the "Notes" pdf. You've got Boz listed as #20 - Allan Lummox should be #20, Boz is #21. Also no notes for Allan or DCBlues.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmouse » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:56 am

Oops those errors may well be my fault, sorry about that. I didn't have any notes from Lummox or D.C. at the time.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:11 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-03 AT 10:27 AM (EST)]shite! didn't even notice the hole.

If I get some sparse notes, I can put them in. Like 10 Words each, max. Suppose I will delete the "credits" from the notes, as they're on the back, if more space is needed.

I've just added the track # and the name. You have 10 minutes to e-mail me any other notes, otherwise this won't get done for another 11 hours or so.

ramble ramble ramble

rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby dcblues » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:58 pm

Here's a little bit about the guys I recorded with:

http://www.hokummusic.com/Resonators/resonators.htm
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:59 pm

I may be easily impressed, but I think this whole project has been quite an accomplishment. Those big corporations better be looking over their shoulder!
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lamebob » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:59 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-03 AT 03:12 PM (EST)]ATTENTION: Stumblin

Corrections for the LameBob entry ...

1. LameBob is spelt with a capital "L" and a capital "B".
2. The name of the LameBob tune on the CD is "Lil' Red Rooster", NOT "The Red Rooster".

I notice that my "notes" aren't included on the "BRB_Notes.pdf" doc either. I've included them below ...

***Notes Begin***

LameBob - Little Red Rooster
Music & Lyrics: Willie Dixon

I tried to do my best with this classic to keep it simple and true to it's origins. I started playing slide a little less than a year ago. I was amazed and delighted to discover that I could finally perform the sounds and songs of my country blues heros that had mezmerized me in my youth. BRB and all it members have been a big part of this journey ... thanks BRB.

Recorder: BOSS BR-532
Microphones: Guitar - Shure SM57, Vocal - Shure 55SH Series II
Guitar: Johnson JR-200 (Modified with a Quarterman Cone, Ebony Bridge, Bone Nut and GoToh tuners.
Strings: John Pearse 700M Phosphor Bronze Medium Strings (13-56)
Tuning: Open E

***Notes End***

Thanks and Peace

LameBob
lamebob
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:13 pm

LameBob,
Sorry for any confusions/misunderstandings, but Rustyslide is the chap with all the graphics software & knowhow, and apart from one or two minor probs, I think he's done us proud with a great set of graphics. All I did cover-wise was to make space for the artwork on me & Mousey's website.
I'm a bit gutted that there are still glitches, I thought we'd finally put this to bed so we can start talking about the content rather than the medium and packaging. Oh well.
Expect further updates when Rusty has sent me yet another "finalised" set of covers ;)
stumblin
Regular

Postby lamebob » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:27 pm

Stumblin',

I really appreciate the work that you and RS have done and I don't want to look ungrateful but, for me, exposing myself with a public performance for the first time is a bit daunting and anxiety provoking to say the least ... particularily with the high quality of talent on the CD. It probably looks pretty anal to the more experienced performers but I'd just like it to be "right".

If the corrections are too much then that's OK too.

peace

LameBob
lamebob
Regular

Postby kwill » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:36 pm

LameBob,

From the recording, I would never have guessed that you were "exposing myself with a public performance for the first time"! I thought it was great.
kwill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby littleboyblue » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:51 pm

Now if we could only get kwill to expose himself with a public recording we'd be all set. Wait I just said that my friend's father needs to expose himself, ok back the rack up a sec. To put it better kwill is amazing and I wish you guys could all hear him play. He won't let us get a recording of him though. AH well guess I need to stop being selfish and just be happy for all the free teaching I get from him, and the great moments when I'm lucky enough to jam with him.
littleboyblue
Regular

Next

Return to Announcements