Simply Blues Festival - Viana do Castelo, Portugal

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

Simply Blues Festival - Viana do Castelo, Portugal

Postby sofa guitar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 pm

7th Simply Blues
Blues Festival in Viana do Castelo, Portugal.

December 6: Minnemenn Blues Band
December 7: Louisiana Red and Al Jones Blues Band
December 8: Ana Popovic
December 9: Sherman Robertson and Blues Move

The Festival takes place at a classical 18th century theatre, all seated places, quite confortable, and with leg room between rows ;)

Viana do Castelo is a river/seaside town of 30.000 with plenty of tourist attractions.
It's a harbour town so you can sail in. Nearest international airport is Oporto (Porto) 40 miles south (toll free highway) or, optionally, Vigo, Spain, 50 miles north (toll free highway).
Viana do Castelo has plenty of accomodation from about US$15 person/night up to US$250 in one of the 5 star hotels in town.
Food is splendid, wine is quite probably the best, and the city is one of the safest, and most attractive, in the country.
Sea, river, surf, fishing... great place to spend your holidays and, between the 6th and the 9th December, even attend the cool Blues Festival.

Reservations should be made directly with the local City Hall at dac@cm-viana-castelo.pt or by phone to the local tourist office: +351 258 809 350 or +351 258 809 350.
I'm not part of the Festival's organization.

In the meantime, if you happen to visit the town, contact me. This is where i live and we can even record a jam at my studio ;)
sofa guitar
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues