23/24 November - London

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

23/24 November - London

Postby maxx england » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Looking for open mike/jams in SE London, NW Kent area on 23 & 24 November. Will have the acoustic with me & a chromed little finger. Anyone know anywhere? Even meet up & make a terrible noise?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 pm

Well? Any ideas? There's a jam in W1 on Saturday afternoons if you're interested.

See:

http://www.aintnothinbut.co.uk/
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:26 am

Pub is Ain't Nothing But The Blues, 20 Kingly St. Open mike 3-7pm Saturdays. Anyone interested, turn up on the 25th and look for the red leather jacket and the cheap old guitar.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:18 pm

maxx england wrote:Pub is Ain't Nothing But The Blues, 20 Kingly St. Open mike 3-7pm Saturdays. Anyone interested, turn up on the 25th and look for the red leather jacket and the cheap old guitar.

Went there, open mike so you got the Len Cohen depressives on stage, a couple of players were Neil Young fans, but enough blues to keep you happy. Italian Simon got up, blew me doors off with his harmonica, an Aussie called Dudley got up and, I don't thing he'd call it blues, played some stuff with a real feel until he bust a string on his acoustic. Which he played lap style for that number. Well done that man. I did my stuff, actually stunned my brother as he'd never heard me through a PA. And nobody threw fruit much.

Only downside is London bar prices, and that was Happy Hour. After 7pm you'd be ready for Leonard Cohen again.

But as a nice place to be, 10/10. And the decor on the way down to the toilets is pretty amazo. Check it out. Take a camera. Trust me.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:58 pm

maxx england wrote:And nobody threw fruit much.

Only downside is London bar prices, and that was Happy Hour. After 7pm you'd be ready for Leonard Cohen again.

At least you got some fruit, even if it wasn't enough for your daily five.
stumblin
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues