Blues Jams/Open Mics in San Diego

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

Blues Jams/Open Mics in San Diego

Postby voneville » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:56 am

Just curious how many (if any) san diegans are here. Anyone go to any of the jams/open mics out here? I've checked out a couple but they mostly play standards and it's sort of boring. I'm not a big fan of playing covers (admitedly because I play like me, and don't play other peoples songs that well). I'd like to find people that get together and do improv (like someone says Hey, key of G) and just do your thing. Any recomendations?
Last edited by voneville on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
voneville
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:43 am

Hey Voneville....I haven't gone to any open mics here, though I've been told I should by my vocal teacher. Of course she may be prejudiced. Try out the Lestat's Monday night open mic. Robin Henkel usually shows up and he definitely knows the blues. And, let me know what you think!

Carol
cas

Postby ricochet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:28 am

Hey Carol, I've heard enough of your singing to agree with your teacher.
ricochet
Regular

Postby cas » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm

Thanks Ric!!! I'm just chicken...not sure I can do it alone.

Carol
cas

Postby voneville » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:52 pm

cas wrote:Hey Voneville....I haven't gone to any open mics here, though I've been told I should by my vocal teacher. Of course she may be prejudiced. Try out the Lestat's Monday night open mic. Robin Henkel usually shows up and he definitely knows the blues. And, let me know what you think!

Carol

I heard your soundclick site, you definatley should! You've got a great style. Thanks for the tip, I'll check out lestats next monday. I been away from the site for a while :) But I appreciate the heads up.
voneville
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:48 am

Good to hear from you again Voneville...and thanks! Let me know what you think about the open mic.

Carol
cas

Postby voneville » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 am

cas wrote:Good to hear from you again Voneville...and thanks! Let me know what you think about the open mic.

Carol

I'll definatley let you know. I'm probably just gonna be a lurker there tomorrow night. My acoustic guitar is at my friends house up the street though, so who knows.
voneville
Contributor
Contributor

Return to HomeTown Blues