New Venue Just South of Town!

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

New Venue Just South of Town!

Postby jawbone60 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 am

Just a couple of miles south of Little Rock is a new joint about to open, aptly named Dixon Road Blues Cafe. My info is that it will feature a full menu and blues or music 3 \nights a week. Plus a Sunday Gospel Brunch!
I am trying to get a meeting with the owner to see if I can get Bluesboy Jag and the Juke Joint Zombies in there. Or the duo. Hopefully one night will be an open mic or jam situation. We need another new one!
jawbone60
Regular

Re: New Venue Just South of Town!

Postby jawbone60 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:29 am

It's off to a rocky start there. The management is having problems with getting bands in for more than one gig. They started out charging a $10 cover to pay the band, and who in their right mind pays a ten spot just to walk in a place? Afer they figured out that was not going to work they hired a booking guy and he began bringing bands in but then he quit when they booked someone and didn't let him know, resulting in a double book.

This place appears to be way out in the sticks but in reality it's 5 minutes from downtown Little Rock. Perception is the thing here. People look for reasons to not go someplace out of the way. I think these guys can still succeed IF they are willing to lose money on live music for a while. I don't know what happened to their master plan but the sooner they can get regular music and an open mic night the sooner they stand a chance of succeeding.

Just to mention, if one is persistent and patient, there are gigs to be had in this area. Bluesboy Jag has been getting us in some -places and it's really nice to have a partner who's GOOD at booking!
jawbone60
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues