Candye Kane - Guitar'd & Feathered

Your chance to write big-time blues reviews. Only two rules: First, if you're connected to the band or artist, go to Shameless Promotion; Second, don't write a book -- keep it relatively short and simple, no 1,000+ word epics.

Oh .. and make it fun.

Candye Kane - Guitar'd & Feathered

Postby TheDude » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:34 am

This album was released on Ruf records in 2007. I picked it up 2 days ago and it's been in my car stereo since then. Ms Kane has a clear, powerful voice and she knows how to use it. Never overdone. Sometimes understated and sexy, sometimes belching out huge powerful blues vocals.

Musically there's a good variety of songs, ranging from jazzy to straight blues to rootsy rock. There's a whole slew of guest guitarists, which adds to the range of sounds on the album. Guests are a.o. Junior Watson, Bob Margolin, Kid Ramos, Sue Foley, Ana Popovic, Popa Chubby, Bob Brozman,...

Some highlights: Not Gonna Cry Today, Fine Brown Frame, Jezus & Mohammed, My Country Man,...

Score: 92/100
TheDude
Regular

Re: Candye Kane - Guitar'd & Feathered

Postby mike932 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:07 am

I have followed Candye Kane for some time. She started out in films :mrgreen: , then turned to singing, she is pretty good. I understand she is having health issues right now. The lady can belt out some means Blues.
mike932
Regular

Return to Reviews The Blues