CATFISH KEITH

Your chance to write big-time blues reviews. Only two rules: First, if you're connected to the band or artist, go to Shameless Promotion; Second, don't write a book -- keep it relatively short and simple, no 1,000+ word epics.

Oh .. and make it fun.

CATFISH KEITH

Postby NEONMOONY » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:37 pm

I saw Catfish Keith in Valparaiso, IN last night. Great show. Most songs were from delta blues legends. He had short anecdotes to go with many of the songs. He played slide guitar mostly but not exclusively. He used a National Polychrome Tricone Baritone 6 string, a National tricone 12-String Style 1 with a brass body and brass plated finish. He also played a magnificent little wood bodied parlor guitar a, a Tony Revell. He also uses a stompbox.

Supporting his delta blues tradition, he demonstrates great fingerstyle playing ability. String bending, popping, harmonics. I sat 6 feet away and he obviously played hard right on the edge.

He is very easy to talk to also. He stuck around and graciously shared info after the show on his equipment and techniques. He even pulled his homemade stompbox apart a little to show how it was made. Answered questions, shared stories and gave all the credit and compliments in the world to the peoples whose songs he played. Great performer, great show great time.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:56 pm

I love Catfish Keith's music, and I'd love to see him live. He's a nice guy to "talk" to online when ordering CDs, and always autographs them with a little "thank you."
ricochet
Regular

Return to Reviews The Blues