Shooter Jennings

Your chance to write big-time blues reviews. Only two rules: First, if you're connected to the band or artist, go to Shameless Promotion; Second, don't write a book -- keep it relatively short and simple, no 1,000+ word epics.

Oh .. and make it fun.

Shooter Jennings

Postby westcoast_rodeo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:21 pm

Ok so I have been listening to Shooter Jennings new album Put the "O" back into Country. I know that he is not playing blues in the traditional sense but I think that his music has a strong blues and rock influence. I think Shooter deserves some credit for doing something different and trying something new. He has a great sound of his own, much different than that of his father Waylon. If you have not heard the album you should check it out. Here is a link to his single 4th of July. http://209.200.98.131/shooterjennings/a ... fJuly1.asx
westcoast_rodeo
Regular

RE: Shooter Jennings

Postby nizer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:53 pm

Hey bud, I would love to hear Shooter but all I got was some psychedelic visuals in my Windows Media Player - no sound. Must be the .asx file format - whatever that is.
nizer
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:23 am

Check your audio, it loaded for me, and I'm using the Mac version of WMP, and it's a half a bazillion versions behind the Windows version.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby nizer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:19 pm

Oh, so THAT'S what that little knob at the bottom of WMP is for! You tech guys are so handy.

Shooter? - I was disappointed. Sounded kinda like John Cougar Boyscoutcamp. I thought it would be nastier, seein' how he's WJ's kin 'n all. And, really, tagging "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - probably the best C&W song ever written - on the end of it... well, that was just a bad idea.

Now Hank Williams III - he's got the edge that HWJr. was missing.
nizer
Regular

Return to Reviews The Blues