Hello from Surrey, England

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello from Surrey, England

Postby Ciderman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:02 am

Hi everyone - just stumbled across this forum and like what I see! I've been out of circulation, playing-wise, for around 35 years (I play drums, btw - yeah, I know: "what do you call someone who hangs around musicians", etc, :D ). Was in couple of local bands whilst at art college in Devon but transporting drum-kits wasn't an option when I came to London in '72. I luurve blues/rock (Allmans, Skynyrd, Hendrix, Little Feat, Hamsters, Never The Bride - in fact pretty much anything if it's played with feeling). Had to stand in at short notice at a jam a few weeks ago and have been flying ever since (didn't realise I could still do it!), so am co-organising a regular jam at Thyme At The Tavern in Chertsey if anyone wants to join us. More details of that later - just glad to be here right now. Huge smiles all round...
Ciderman
Regular

Re: Hello from Surrey, England

Postby ricochet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Welcome!

I suppose the next round all round will be cider...
ricochet
Regular

Postby wanderingyankee » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome Ciderman,

I'm in Surrey too. Currently a regular at the Cricketers Sunday Jam in Rowtown/Addlestone.

You should swing by this Sunday..
wanderingyankee
Regular

Postby Jane fromLondonUK » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Welcome to the gang. I lived in Chertsey for a while. Glad to hear there's good music happening there now.
Jane fromLondonUK
Regular

Postby Ciderman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks for the greetings everyone!

Good guess, Ricochet - I'll have one for you if you can't make it to he Cricketers...

The Cricks is technically my local (about 10 minutes walk) but I've not yet made it to the jam night - how slack is that? We often have a quiz team there on Tuesdays ("Jumping Jack & The Flashers" - make of that what you will...) but there has always been something preventing Sunday attendance; that situation will be rectified this Sunday if at all poss and perhaps one or two of us can meet up. I'll be the one not wearing the Ciderman outfit - I just don't have the legs for tights these days.

The Chertsey jam night is kicking off on Saturday July 11th, coinciding with the Black Cherry Fair - hence: Black Cherry Jam. It'll take place at "Thyme At The Tavern" (what used to be the Town Hall Tavern, opposite Bar 163) at 20 London Street, KT16 8AA, from about 19:30. We're hoping to make it a regular event - monthly or even weekly, rather than annual!

A conundrum*:

According to Bleeding Gums Murphy: "The Blues ain't about making yourself feel better - it's about making other people feel worse". Discuss.

* I had to work "drum" into the posting somewhere... :)
Ciderman
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 pm

'ee's not doin' bad for a wurzel, makin' 'is way in the town :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard, fancy coming up the M40 for the Upton Festival in July, or down the M3 for Swanage at the start of October? And I, too, am a devotee of Pomona's ambrosian nectar :wha:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ciderman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:33 am

Oo-arr, oo-arr, Maxx!

Major clash of dates regarding Upton, which is a bummer as I'd really like to be there. Do you have dates & times for Swanage??
Ciderman
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:25 pm

'e be on the 1st Weekend in October, things start rolling at the Red Lion open mic on Friday afternoon, and then it's a case of picking your pub early if you intend being near a bar or a seat. And the Red Lion does Weston's :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You