Hi

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hi

Postby mbcl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 pm

In a nut shell: came into blues through classic rock. Quite a wide range in taste but Bonamassa, Oli Browm, Joanne Shaw Taylor and Eric Sardinas are my most frequenlty played (really digging Jo Shaw 'Blackest Day' track at the moment). The Blues scene at the moment is fantastic, off to see within the next two weeks we have tickets for:

Ansley Lister
Joe Bonamassa Wolverhampton (2 spare tickets if anyone needs some - sold out gig)
Gary Moore
Ansley again
Joe again at RAH

Busy couple of weeks. To be honest I have an reason for posting. Two recent concerts (eric Sardinas and Oli Brown) broughtme the privilige of seeing a young supporting act called Virgil and the Accelerators. A very young blues trio playing awesome raw blues, front man Virgil is phenominal for his age (yes I know there are many good young guitarists but he is excepetional). Anyways I ahve got involved with band trying to help as much as possible ( I am not in the music business I actaully sell Disney tickets online!). They are making all the right noises and getting noticed, already support some big names. I have built an 'official' web site for them. I have limited recorded material to work with, there are a couple of poor qaulity recordings and a video but the playing shines through. Virgil was just 14 at the time these were recorded, check it out and you will see what I mean www.virgilandtheaccelerators.com .. I hope I have not offended, his is not meant to be spam, these boys need all the help they can get. I am also looking for related websites that wish to exchange links.

If any of you are on the bonamassa, Aynsley or Seasick forums you should know me from there :)

Cheers

Martin
mbcl
Regular

Re: Hi

Postby maxx england » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Martin, where are you? Wolverhampton tickets makes you sound like you're local ish to me, east side of Brum.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby mbcl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Cannot be far away - Bromsgrove .

maxx england wrote:Martin, where are you? Wolverhampton tickets makes you sound like you're local ish to me, east side of Brum.
mbcl
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 pm

O bugger, you don't know boody Diamond do you? The Bromsgrove Bottleneck Baron?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mbcl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Errr nope cant say I do :?

maxx england wrote:O bugger, you don't know boody Diamond do you? The Bromsgrove Bottleneck Baron?
mbcl
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Diamond = Ian Mcwee, purveyor of de luxe slides:

http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com/DB08/index.asp

You may well have met him at a gig and not known it.

Are you going to do the Upton festival in July? I plan on infesting the big car park for the weekend and relaxing. Alcohol may be involved.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mbcl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Yeah i will be there for sure, we should have the band playing too, I will certainly let you know if they are 8) Hopefully weather will be good this year.

maxx england wrote:Diamond = Ian Mcwee, purveyor of de luxe slides:

http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com/DB08/index.

You may well have met him at a gig and not known it.

Are you going to do the Upton festival in July? I plan on infesting the big car park for the weekend and relaxing. Alcohol may be involved.
mbcl
Regular

Return to A Bit About You