John Elliott From Florida

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

John Elliott From Florida

Postby john67elliott » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:20 am

Hey there fellas! I'm John, and this looks to be a really useful site for folks like myself. I take it this forum is based accross the pond, huh? Well, I'm glad to be part of it.
I'm 41yrs. Play the blues and jazz, mostly. When I was in school my pals thought I was a bit strange about my obsession with the blues. By the time I was 15 and in high school, I was out playin in bars, taverns, dives and biker parties (the harley kind)... not one "respectable place" in my life! The girls thought I was some kind of guitar guru and I saw a lot of action in the back of my van. I was the youngest member, and the oldest was the age I am now! Batism by fire! :evil: It was great fun, however it came with a price. In '95, I was drunk out of my skull one night and fell asleep at the wheel.... drove off into the swamp at 70mph. When I hit that 'ol pine tree, I sailed right through the windshield. Got brain damage. Couldn't play the guitar for 12 years... until this last June. I felt a "buzzing" in my head and suddenly had perfect pitch and the SOUL WAS BACK! My life has meaning now like it did in the early days. Luckily, like all of you, I've always had the strings to speak for me. I own a Tele, acoustic and flamenco (for "Spanish Blues"), Yamaha MM6 and a Fender amp (geeze, I love those 6L6's!). I spend a good deal of my time writing music, as I am disabled and do not work (yeah, from that night in '95). In another month, I'll have my home studio set up... and will be going great-guns! If anyone here posts on youtube, or anywhere else.... let me know! I love dem blues!

Well, there ya have it.
JE
john67elliott
Regular

Re: John Elliott From Florida

Postby maxx england » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Based across the pond, no, Rusty's up in the wildernessesess of Canada, he runs it. The members are pretty international though. Quite a few in Florida, so you never know, there could be a Big Road party going on sometime soon.

Enjoy yourself anyway, we're all giving it a damn good go.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rob Brown » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Greetings from another Florida boy and newbie on BRB. I'm in the Tampa Bay area. I don't have the creds you do. I'm a 62 year old near beginner. But I do love blues guitar! Welcome to a friendly forum.
Rob Brown
Regular

Postby john67elliott » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks guys,
already gettin a LOT of good info here. Nice people
john67elliott
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Wow, that's quite a story! Welcome!
ricochet