Hey

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hey

Postby Lightning Slick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Hey, I'm a 13-year-old (nearly to the grand-old age of 14) kid from Arkansas, and I've been teaching myself how to play the guitar for less than a year, but many people will tell you I'm better beyond my months spent playing. I love to play acoustic blues, or folk, or folk-blues, for that matter. I prefer finger-picking on an acoustic more than anything. Of course, I prefer to remain humble, so lets move on.
Lightning Slick is not actually my name, believe it or not; I was given it for no good reason by one of peers. I don't live with my mum or dad, I go to a boarding school, or live with friends. My favorite musicains are, but not limited to, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie McTell, Son House, Lead Belly, Woodie Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, B.B. King, James Brown, and, only of course, Jimi-the-god-Hendrix. Of course, this leads to occasional loneliness in the terms of musical taste, considering a lot more people are into more along the lines of Green Day or Disney Radio, leaving me to my gloomy corner of Robert Johnson worship. My favorite places are, but again, not limited to, Chicago, Little Rock, Memphis, New Orleans, and a whole bunch of small towns that there's no shot in hell you've heard of. Anywho, thats about it. I might be able to post some songs of mine on here over the summer.

With love, and no intentional harm towards others, Lightning Slick
Lightning Slick
Regular

Re: Hey

Postby rustyslide » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Welcome!
rustyslide
Site Admin

Re: Hey

Postby ricochet » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:10 am

Welcome!
ricochet