Hello from Chicago

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello from Chicago

Postby freddairy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Hey everyone. I play in a surf band and a soul band here in Chicago. www.myspace.com/reluctantaquanauts and www.myspace.com/thestacks - you don't have to check em' out but I figure that would give anyone who cared more info on me as a guitarist than what I could type.

I've been mainly a Fender guitar guy for the last 10 years but a few months ago I sold a Gretsch for a SG and then a few weeks later I sold a Telecaster for another SG. Lately I've been going nuts with late 60s blues on humbuckers ala Mike Bloomfield and this inturn caused me stumbled into the Allman Brothers early stuff. Seeing Duane play a slide on a SG I thought to myself I had to try that. I picked up a mojo medicine bottle last week at guitar center and I'm driving everyone nuts with this thing. I can't put it down and when I do I've been going through the archieves here to pick up any information I can.
freddairy
Regular

Re: Hello from Chicago

Postby NEONMOONY » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:43 am

Throw that bottle down and go back to standard tuning. Save yourself while there is still time or else soon, everything will be viewed as a possible slide, plumbing, bottles, handlebars etc. And every song, well, I could try that with slide. Every guitar you run across brings the question, I wonder how that would sound in open tuning with a slide, even little toy guitars. Then one day, there you are, all alone with some child's little guitar, playing blues in open tuning with a slide made from a tinkertoy set and then some one sees you and....oh, the shame.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am

And your point is....? :mrgreen:

Welcome to the dark side, he's right, you're too late to step back, you're doomed, infected, diseased. Fun ain't it?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am

What they said. Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby freddairy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:05 am

Thanks for the welcome gents.
freddairy