Late starter and new member

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Late starter and new member

Postby MaggieMoo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Always wanted to play acoustic blues guitar and finally began to learn around 6 years ago. I am 55 now but couldn't be having more fun with it. Lots of very cool guitars - all of them better than I deserve to own based on my playing abilities - and I have a National Radiotone Bendaway on the way because I thought I might stick my fingers into the Reso thing and see what that's all about. Live in the Piedmont area of North Carolina.

Tim
MaggieMoo
Regular

Re: Late starter and new member

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 am

Welcome, Tim!
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Welcome aboard Tim. If you're gonna stick around here, you have responsibilities: you have to supply wisdom to the younger guys, and help the older guys remember stuff that happened in the 60's, lol!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitanorak » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Welcome Tim. I'm a new member myself - nice + friendly around 'ere I find.

Well its never too late to start I reckon :). My advice is to play/practice at least 30 minutes a day. With the emphasis on 'Practice' as opposed to just noodling around. That does play its part but not recommended here at this point if you want to improve fast (within reason of course, everyone needs to Noodle on the guitar lol).

For example: Learn a new chord and scale/position a day.

If its Blues you wanna play, well go for the Minor + Major Pentatonic scales to get started. There is a lot more to it of course, but that is a good fundamental starting point. Hope that helps + any questions on it feel free to gis a shout.

Cheerz, guitanorak
guitanorak
Regular

Return to A Bit About You