Just Registered

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Just Registered

Postby sawgrass » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Hello everyone. I've been reading and learning from this forum for a few weeks now. I've been playing acoustic blues for fun for about 15 years after about a 10 year journey back in the 80's with bluegrass music, playing flattop guitar and mandolin. In recent years have been "smitten" by acoustic slide, particularly with a resonator guitar. I think it was Clapton's "Sessions" for Robert J." that really pushed me into the slide zone, although back in the 60's, as a long-haired rocker, I found a sort of gutteral appeal in groups like John Mayall and his Bluesbreakers, the Butterfield Blues Band and B.B. King and the like. I guess it was the embryonic stage for me and what has come to be a real appreciation for the blues and acoustic music. My new adventures at 60 years old will be learning to play my new Republic Tricone like you guys (and gals) so proficiently do on YOU TUBE. Looking forward to your future input.

Sawgrass
sawgrass
Regular

Re: Just Registered

Postby ricochet » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Welcome, Sawgrass!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You