hi

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

hi

Postby macfunk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 pm

I got hooked on the blues in the sixties by Taj Mahal, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, John Mayal, Chicken Shack, Canned Heat, etc. 40 years later, still improving on the old guitar ... it's been a slow uphill journey, but I love it, so I persevere. Recently hooked up with Richard Johnston (the Irish one living in England, not the American one) and back him up on second guitar and vocals on some numbers, including Trimmed & Burnin, which suits our voices & his slide style. He is the star of course (he don't need sites like this :wink: !) there are some solo performances on his Myspace site - http://myspace.com/richardjohnstonblues. Have started to listen to the old blues more, under his influence.
Last edited by macfunk on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
macfunk
Regular

Re: hi

Postby ricochet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Re: hi

Postby maxx england » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Stumblin's over in Sheffield, don't know what the staus of his jams is these days, they used to do the Red Deer once a month, but a new gaffer's trying his damnedest to turn the pub into a registered open space. Don't suppose you're going to Swanage 6/7/8 march? And is Upton on this year? I saw a link somewhere suggesting it was off. Welcome anyway, and mine's a pint of Stowford Press :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You